Honored Contributor

Re: 👀 Dateline 3/6/2020 - The Perfect Guy 👀

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Unbelieveable this thief didn't get caught sooner.

And it took a FEMALE police officer to get the ball rolling.

@Mz iMac Now, now! No reason to be sexist!  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac. BUt one female officer said it would be 2 years before she even got to her complaint due to workload. Not everything has to do with gender.
Respected Contributor

Dateline is tooooo long, packed with commercials and usually grim stories. No thanks!

Trusted Contributor

I thought it was an interesting episode. Did they say if once he started dating the women he would move in with them? If he did was it soon after they started dating.

I am surprised when he was using thier credit cards the banks did not notify them. I get notifications if my bank sees out of state transactions etc.

I am surprised also at the red flags some noticed and did not act right away.  

I had to fast forward through one women's story, he vocal fry was so bad. I could not listen to her talk.   

Honored Contributor

I watched and when I saw the first woman --- I thought --- huh?  You don't know this man at all --- he is bragging about all the millions he has--- first of all, this would have been the first red flag for me --- and then he claims when he comes to town, he doesn't want to stay in a hotel, etc. --- and wants to stay with her!  What? She had absolutely no common sense to allow this!!!!  She had plenty of money, was very attractive so could not possibly have been so desperate for the attention of a man!!  Then, it took her seemingly a good while to check her own financial records to see all the damage he had done.  After that, I did applaud her for going after him full throttle and not letting up until he was caught!  I did feel very sorry for these women. 

What a terrible, terrible person he was!!!!  And all the things he did concerning the military.  A real slap in the face to the true military men and women who served and serve our country!!!! 

A parasite --- much worse than that!

What this man could have done for good with his intelligence --- instead he chose to do all of that! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:
@Mz iMac. BUt one female officer said it would be 2 years before she even got to her complaint due to workload. Not everything has to do with gender.

@Pearlee @Mz iMac  that was earlier on in the episode-  at that time his various identities weren't on the web- I don't believe he had been arrested yet either. So that  female officer didn't 'get it 'as much as the female offier later on.

Esteemed Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

Dateline is tooooo long, packed with commercials and usually grim stories. No thanks!

@ahoymate I watched it on nbc.com- with less commercials (still some).. It was just about 30 minutes shorter!!

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I watched and when I saw the first woman --- I thought --- huh?  You don't know this man at all --- he is bragging about all the millions he has--- first of all, this would have been the first red flag for me --- and then he claims when he comes to town, he doesn't want to stay in a hotel, etc. --- and wants to stay with her!  What? She had absolutely no common sense to allow this!!!!  She had plenty of money, was very attractive so could not possibly have been so desperate for the attention of a man!!  Then, it took her seemingly a good while to check her own financial records to see all the damage he had done.  After that, I did applaud her for going after him full throttle and not letting up until he was caught!  I did feel very sorry for these women. 

What a terrible, terrible person he was!!!!  And all the things he did concerning the military.  A real slap in the face to the true military men and women who served and serve our country!!!! 

A parasite --- much worse than that!

What this man could have done for good with his intelligence --- instead he chose to do all of that! 

@AngelPuppy1  the 1st woman mentioned she ran an air b&b out of her place, she was used to having visitors in her home. I wonder if she's rethought  that now!