Honored Contributor

Question:

Spoiler
Is Anna, the young woman found dead in the motel room, Lt. Leaphorn's daughter?
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Question:

Spoiler
Is Anna, the young woman found dead in the motel room, Lt. Leaphorn's daughter?

@SilleeMee 

Spoiler
Anna was the girlfriend of Leaphorn's son, who is deceased or so far it is assumed he is dead by homicide.  So Anna's death really hit hard for Leaphorn.
"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Thank you @Cakers3 .

I thought that might have been the case.

Respected Contributor

I've read several of Tony Hillerman's books & enjoyed them.  I enjoyed the 1st episode of this show & enjoyed the scenery.

The language of the Navajo is called Diné

Super Contributor

We like Dark Winds. Has a supernatural feel about it.  Love characters in it too.  Especially Mathias from Longmire.  

Honored Contributor

@Infinite Mom 47 wrote:

We like Dark Winds. Has a supernatural feel about it.  Love characters in it too.  Especially Mathias from Longmire.  

@Infinite Mom 47   Did you see Zahn in the second season of Fargo?  His acting talent really shone through in that one and he received much critical acclaim for that role.

I also loved Longmire and Mathias.

Honored Contributor

Who is Sally's, the pregnant teen, baby daddy?

Where did that Mormon family go?

How did Lt. Leaphorn know Chee was undercover FBI?

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Who is Sally's, the pregnant teen, baby daddy?

Where did that Mormon family go?

How did Lt. Leaphorn know Chee was undercover FBI?

@SilleeMee   I am assuming the man with the rifle about to shoot Chee at Sally's house (we do not see his face yet) is the father of Sally's baby.  Bernadette called to Chee before he could be shot.

The Mormon family was kidnapped but I am assuming they were killed and their bodies are not found-yet.

Ok-Leaphorn knowing Chee is undercover for FBI:

1.  Hosteen was the elderly man killed with Anna.  He went to Margaret, the blind medicine woman, because he said he saw the helicopter and it gave him a fever.

2.  Hosteen is supposed to bring a token to the "sing"-the healing ceremony and places a pair of eyeglasses down.

3.  Chee mentions that a token was missing from the crime scene and Whitover-the FBI person-gives Chee a dirty look.

4. When Leaphorn finally gets to meet with Margaret, she tells him quietly that one of them is not who he seems, meaning Chee.  Chee asks him what she said and Leaphorn says  something he already knew.

5.  In the car Leaphorn tricks Chee into admitting he is FBI by saying he knows he is-and Chee gets nervous.  He asks Leaphorn how he knows and Leaphorn says "You just told me".

Leaphorn tells Chee that when Chee mentioned the token, Leaphorn said Whitover gave Chee a look because he stepped out of line; Leaphorn said his own father would give him the same look if he said something out of line.

Whitove had told Chee he had to be one or the other-an FBI informant or remain true to his Native roots.  That is why Whitover didn't like Chee mentioning the token-he is not sure now if Chee is loyal to the FBI or to his own culture.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Cakers3 

It's getting complicated. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Thanks @Cakers3 

It's getting complicated. 

@SilleeMee   It took me a minute when Chee mentioned the token.

Then Leaphorn's explanation made sense out of it.