Respected Contributor

Re: Dark Shadows !!!

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

On my Directv, the CW is not in HD. That makes it unpleasant for me to watch anything on that network.

I hate that. I have CW in HD, but other channels are in SD and it makes it trying to watch them.

@SilleeMee , do you have a Roku, FireStick, or anything else? Is so, there is a CW app you can download on for Chromecast, AirPlay, Apple TV, Xbox, and Amazon Fire TV and from there you can watch the latest episodes in HD.

Valued Contributor

I agree when i saw it was the  CW i thought negative reaction. It will be hard to recreate that moody atmosphere, the way society has changed since the 70's. I think it was filmed live in the beginning , can you imagine.

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland 

Thanks for mentioning the App for the CW! I didn't even think about that. I might be able to get it on my smart TV w/o using my Roku stick.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Alison Wonderland 

Thanks for mentioning the App for the CW! I didn't even think about that. I might be able to get it on my smart TV w/o using my Roku stick.Woman Happy

I hope it works, @SilleeMee! It's one of the few that's truly free and doesn't make you log into your cable TV account to watch. Gotta love that.

Honored Contributor

Oh how I loved Dark Shadows as a kid. Rushed home from school to watch, my sister and I....We loved David Selby's character.I also remember Kate Jackson being on there-can't remember her character too well though..I would check out a remake, as long as it was beter than the one Johnny Depp starred in......lol.

60 YRS OLD, MED GOLDEN BROWN HAIR, MED TAN SKINTONE.......
Esteemed Contributor

Before I started school I would always go sit outside while Mom watched.  I did not want to even hear the television.  She would call me back inside as soon as it was over so I could watch the Monkeys.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

Dark Shadows was the Best!!!   I caught the old shows on some channel many years back, and of course I watched expecting the same childhood thrill. But instead it had me laughing because it all seemed so silly,

but as a kid back in the day, I was one of those racing home to watch.

I don't know about a remake. The movie version was a huge disappointment, to me.

Honored Contributor

I wish I could remember much of anything about the show.  I'm also that age that I came home from school and watched the show at 4pm every weekday.

I even bought the discs a few years ago.  I have no idea why, as there is no way I'll ever watch them.  There are like a zillion discs!   They came in this cool black, coffin-shaped box.   

Respected Contributor

I am so happy to see this remake!😀

Respected Contributor

I too faithfully watched Dark Shadows and loved the series.  I thought the house was beautiful along with its furnishings and decor.  I recall not all the actors remembered their lines at times but it never took away from my enjoyment of the shows.  There were also a couple of  Dark Shadow movies which have been on TCM and I always DVR them.  

I usually do not go for remakes because they aren't up to the originals in general.  However, I do look forward to the new Dark Shadows and hope it has a cast and story line which will work!