Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Dark Shadows !!!

It is coming back as a remake on the CW. It will be a current day and set in Collinsport.Two of the writers are the original writer's daughters , The producer said they will take few liberties far as changing anything. If this could be as half as good as what they did to Bates Motel , i would be all in. I used to rush home from school to catch this show.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dark Shadows !!!

@MW in Iowa  Thanks for posting!  I loved that show and, like you, rushed home every day to see it.  I wonder who they have in mind for Barnabas and Angelique.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@MW in Iowa 

I would watch before going to work...lol

Can;t wait until its shown now..

Thanks for letting us know.Heart

Classy is when you have a lot to say but
You chose to remain silent in front of Fools!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sxmgirl wrote:

@MW in Iowa  Thanks for posting!  I loved that show and, like you, rushed home every day to see it.  I wonder who they have in mind for Barnabas and Angelique.

I loved Angelique... Sadly, knowing how the CW rolls, you can bet they'll bear no resemblence to the originals... They tend to make a mashup of anything they remake... Part of why so many of their shows don't last for more than a few seasons... Curious to see what they do with this one...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed Dark Shadows when I was growing up. 

This new re-make won't be the same.  Probably new, younger actors that aren't convincing like the original cast played out their parts. 

Original cast members passed on - Joathan Fridd, Thayer David, Denise Nichols, Joan Bennet, the gal who played Angelique, and others . 

I did like Ben Cross as Barnabus in a re-make - he has a look that is convincing. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Wasn't there a primetime Dark Shadows many years back, I seem to vaguely remember this?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Two of Dan Curtis's daughters, the creator of the original series are involved in the Revival/Resurrection.  His estate wisely retained rights to Dark Shadows.

There is documentary about the man and his work "Master of Dark Shadows" which should be of interest to fans.

Honored Contributor

On my Directv, the CW is not in HD. That makes it unpleasant for me to watch anything on that network.

Respected Contributor

@Love Roses wrote:

I enjoyed Dark Shadows when I was growing up. 

This new re-make won't be the same.  Probably new, younger actors that aren't convincing like the original cast played out their parts. 

Original cast members passed on - Joathan Fridd, Thayer David, Denise Nichols, Joan Bennet, the gal who played Angelique, and others . 

I did like Ben Cross as Barnabus in a re-make - he has a look that is convincing. 

@Love Roses: I, too, enjoyed watching Dark Shadows growing up. There are a few corrections regarding Lara Parker (Angelique) and Denise Nichols. Lara Parker is still alive, she is now 80 years old. Also, it was Denise Nickerson, who recently passed away. 

Valued Contributor

I had such a crush on Quentin (David Selby).  I remember him playing the harpsichord and thought it was so cool.  Along w/the Edwardian wardrobe and the sideburns!!

Jonathan Fridd was a great Barnabus.  So creepy and homely, yet intriguing and beguiling at the same time.  His cape.  The fangs (when they came out).

I'd tune in for sure to see what they do to it.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing