Frequent Contributor

Re: Daniel Day-Lewis Quits Acting

Love his acting! One of my favorite scenes in in The Last of the Mohicans when he tells the lead actress ( sorry can't remember who it was) " I will find you!"

Reggie

Respected Contributor

The article mentioned that he has been extremely selective in choosing roles over the years and back in the late 90's gave up acting to become a cobbler!  He was coaxed back into film making for a special film.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I had to google him....never heard of him. 

@SeaMaiden  By "him" I certainly hope you mean Daniel Day-Lewis and not Arthur Miller.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I had to google him....never heard of him. 

@SeaMaiden  By "him" I certainly hope you mean Daniel Day-Lewis and not Arthur Miller.

@Pearlee  I had to google him as well....never heard of him either!

Honored Contributor

Excellent actor. I've seen him in many shows but remember him most in The Crucible. Probably because I've watched it more than once.

Frequent Contributor

He's a wonderful actor!

Valued Contributor

He was riveting in the movie "There Will Be Blood", too. 

Honored Contributor

Did he?  Did he really?  Or did acting quit him?   I dont think he's appeared in a film for years and he certainly hasn't been in a money making film for years.  Acting was good to him; he did some excellent work and became wealthy and now he's move on to the next phase of his life.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Did he?  Did he really?  Or did acting quit him?   I dont think he's appeared in a film for years and he certainly hasn't been in a money making film for years.  Acting was good to him; he did some excellent work and became wealthy and now he's move on to the next phase of his life.  

@chrystaltree  You must not have read this entire thread, which correctly states that he has a film coming out this year that's already "in the can."

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@chrystaltree  You must not have read this entire thread, which correctly states that he has a film coming out this year that's already "in the can."

I didn't read the story, I don't clink on links from boards like this.  Making a film doesn't mean anything. It certainly doesn't mean that the movie will make it to major theaters or be success or make money.  I just went by the name....when someone says Daniel Day Lewis and your first thought is.....I haven't heard that name and many years.  And your second thought is......is he dead?     You know why he announced that acting is behind him.