Honored Contributor

Dang! 2 great shows on at the same time.

[ Edited ]

Downton abbey is on Masterpiece and When Calls the Heart is on Hallmark both at 9PM tonight. I will watch  When Calls the Heart tomorrow on line. All week hardly any decent shows then - wouldn't you know it - 2 favorites at the same time.

Valued Contributor

Re: Dang! 2 great shows on at the same time.

DVR?

Respected Contributor

Get a DVR.  You'll never go back. I can barely tolerate regular TV now because of fast forwarding through the commercials.  (Except that one long commercial called QVC!)  And you can watch at your convenience, watch half now, half later, rewatch. 

Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Get a DVR.  You'll never go back. I can barely tolerate regular TV now because of fast forwarding through the commercials.  (Except that one long commercial called QVC!)  And you can watch at your convenience, watch half now, half later, rewatch. 

I agree @Another new name Sue.  Our DVR gets quite the exercise most days of the week.  The fast forward is the best feature.  Sometimes we'll watch On Demand, but you're stuck watching the commercials.  Much prefer the DVR and like you said, you can watch at your convenience.  Sometimes one of us falls asleep and we can keep it to watch again later.

Still the same "HisElk"; trouble logging in and lost the "old me".
Honored Contributor

Not to mention Good Wife and the James Burrows Comedy Special, all on at 9 tonite.

Regular Contributor

Isn't tonight the last Downton?   Next week is an etiquette speaker's talk on manners and mores as expressed in the series.

Esteemed Contributor

My nifty Comcast DVR saves the day for me.  Just wish there were enough programs on for  my liking that I needed it in the first place.  I am a rerun kind of gal.  The new stuff does not do it for me... either too violent... too many week to week continuations.. or rough scenes and language.  Give me the good ole days back!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

Downton abbey is on Masterpiece and When Calls the Heart is on Hallmark both at 9PM tonight. I will watch  When Calls the Heart tomorrow on line. All week hardly any decent shows then - wouldn't you know it - 2 favorites at the same time.

Okay, I give up ......    Why don't you have a DVR ... or even a VCR?   

Not only do we have one with the living room TV, but there's a second one for the bedroom TVs.    Not only can you record what you can't watch (going out or conflicting shows) but you can save a ton of time by FFing through the endless parade of commercials.  Makes life SO  much easier.

Honored Contributor

think Downton Abby is one hr. tonight

then 2 hr. finale next Sun.

Esteemed Contributor

3 for me counting The Good Wife. One tv in the bedroom helps. Depending what company serves you for on FX -Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy  is on tonight called The Heat.