Respected Contributor

Re: Dancing with the Stars

[ Edited ]

NO, and will not be watching DTWS!

UPDATE 11-28-21:  Never watched a show this season and never mssed DWTS at all.....

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper Oh aren't  you sweet to tell me "you don't know the difference."  I DO know and, gasp, I made a mistake WHICH I CORRECTED.  Bless your heart.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids Well, come on. It's kind of funny that you are disliking the wrong person. 

Respected Contributor

I have been looking forward to it! And, then my 5 grandsons came over & I forgot!

I can't wait to watch tomorrow on Hulu!

Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor

I find Tyra near impossible to watch or listen to.  She has such a harsh way os speaking, emphasizing words in a staccato manner.  She's not a natural for this kind of show, IMO.

I'll record it and fast forward past her.  Not sure I'll make it through the whole season.

Honored Contributor

No.

Honored Contributor

I used to really enjoy this show. IMO it "jumped the shark" when they went to four judges.

It jumped TWO sharks when they fired Tom (and Erin) the way they did and brought on a fashion model who likes to change clothes and keep the focus on her.

I have enough shows to try to keep up with. The excitement and glamour of this one are gone. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Dancing with the Stars

[ Edited ]

Well I watched and if you haven't watched yet please pass over my critique.

First thing I noticed that Len Goodman is back, and Bruno has lost weight !. Carrie and Derek are also back for the season. Tyra looks like she has gained a little weight in the hips and I did not like that dress or the hairdo, she is a beautiful woman and could have done better but I think she is ok as a host.  Cheryl Burke is back as a dance partner and she appears to have had some sort of cosmetic surgery maybe ? she looks a little different.

Now for the dancers

1. Spice girl Melanie  (I wasn't a fan but didn't dislike them) she was good

2. The Miz www wrestler (not familiar with him) he was very good and I enjoyed watching him, very pumped up and funny

3. Iman Shumpert (basketball player) I don't watch basketball but I loved his dancing, very good !  one of my favorites !  Len Goodman gave him a 4 and that was  Ridiculous !!!  he only ended up with 21 points !

4. Olivia Jade  I don't know who she is but she was ok

5. Jimmy Allen (Country music singer) he was pretty good

6. Melora Hardin  never heard of her but she was ok

7. Suni Lee (Olympic  gold medal gymnastics) very good, first highest score of the night 28 out of 40

8. Cody Rigsby fitness guru  was ok, no big deal

9. Amanda Kloots co host of The Talk (lost her husband to covid last year. young couple) She did well and got the next score of 28 out of 40

10. Martin Kove ( actor) He is 74 ! He should have stayed home, he didn't do anything ! his partner did all of the dancing he just kinda followed her around the stage so funny and the judges noted his dance inabilities, they laughed at him. His score was 13

11. Kenya Moore Real Housewives of Atlanta. She was very good and scored 26 of 40

12. Christine Chiu ( not familiar with her) she did well

13. Matt James ( The Bachelor) he was ok, such a tall drink of water ! handsome young man scored 24

14. Brian Austin Green ( 90210 actor) his girlfriend Sharna is his partner. He did ok

15. JoJo Siwa Pop Star  first time same sex dance partner . They did ok but her partner slipped during the dance. They were given the highest score of the night 29 !   ( and her partner slipped during the dance !)  I don't think that was fair, JMO

So that's my take on the first night.

Esteemed Contributor

I DVR it and watch later so I can FF through Bruno's theatrics and all the other trivia.