Honored Contributor

Anyone know why the heck the hosts were ousted suddenly? Tyra, not great as a replacement. This show needs a host(ess), not a model/showgirl. 

Anyway, stopped watching when the great dancers were voted off and Bobby Bones (who?) won.

Esteemed Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

I was getting tired of Carole Baskin's schtick of using "cat" themed music.  I will not miss her.

Overall, I thought the dances were pretty good last night.  Viennese Waltz is one of the hardest dances because of "hold" and how you travel.

As adorable as Skai is--I have to wonder if her peak was the first week.  The dances the last two weeks have not been nearly as good.

@DrKelli The 'celeb' doesn't chose the music-  although the show choosing her cat theme had run it's course!

Esteemed Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

This show desperately needs an audience.  Of course that's impossible now, but I feel it is really suffering without that audience feedback.  Sadly, just not the same.

@soonersis I don't even think they have a 'virtual' audience! I've been in 'virtual' audience for talk shows this year, it's definitely fun.

Trusted Contributor

@Ibby114  I bet that would be fun!  I did wonder why they haven't tried to have the virtual audience.  Seems like it would be helpful.

Trusted Contributor

It's just not the same for me without Tom. He was so funny and so nice to everyone. 

Honored Contributor

is the show now

Tyra Banks presents Dancing with the Stars?

she makes her entrance like a beauty pageant

MIss Tyra Banks from CA

Respected Contributor

There was an article in People dot com today with an interview with one of the show runners about why they replaced Tom and Erin.  He said that the show "needed to evolve to stay relevant".  Ballroom is ballroom--Tyra doesn't add a thing as host of the show.

Esteemed Contributor

Watched my recording a little while ago. Dear God what was she wearing??? And that hair! Could it get any worse? 

Esteemed Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

There was an article in People dot com today with an interview with one of the show runners about why they replaced Tom and Erin.  He said that the show "needed to evolve to stay relevant".  Ballroom is ballroom--Tyra doesn't add a thing as host of the show.

@DrKelli the show still could have evolved, diversity wise,  with Tom hosting! 

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

I read in the credits that Tyra is a Producer of the show. What does that mean? Has she brought money to the table? Was Tom a producer when he was host?

Thanks!!!

@wonderfulworld I often see celebrities get a producer credit for shows or movies they are in (the big stars always get it, I'll bet it is part of their negotiating). I don't know, but if there is money involved it's probably the star getting paid for the producing credit, not the other way around. Maybe said star has a say on who gets hired for the movie, and other things involved in the movie or TV show.

Thank you for enlightening me!