Esteemed Contributor

It is so ridiculous the way Tyra comes strutting out at the beginning with the fake audience applause.  Her outfits are awful.  Wonder what she will wear next week for the Halloween show!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dancing With The Stars

[ Edited ]

Derek dancing with his girlfriend. WOW! That was really something!

Geez, Tyra has packed on some pounds. Unless it was that outfit she strutted out in last night. I fell asleep halfway thru so need to watch the rest which I recorded just to see if she changed into another monstrosity before it ended. Although there are some good dancers this season I am losing interest in the show.

Between her and....... that..... way....  she.....  talks.....plus the far too loud phony hooting & hollering and applauding it's just unpleasant to the ear.

Respected Contributor

I felt badly for Skai when she fumbled her choreography--and it happens.  I performed in a showcase a couple weeks ago and within 30 seconds--I broke a strand off a chandelier because my arm was too long.  My partner and I looked at each other and we lost about 30 seconds of choreography after that.  We just kept going with some basic jive steps and most people didn't even know.  But I knew and I was very upset.  We were both afraid of slipping on the crystals too.

I still love Nev, Justina and Jeannie--they are having so much fun.

Tyra is terrible, but they aren't going to get rid of her.

Derek's Paso was so good last night.  That was really a fast song for a  paso, so that was doubly impressive!

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

Is it my TV or does Carrie Ann look "puffy"?  The hair and outfit are terrible in my opinion.  As usual, Trya looks awful.

I noticed that too. I just figured she got a face lift and is still swollen. But I would think she would do that BEFORE the show went back into filming.

Honored Contributor

I am so glad the Voice started so I don't have to watch DWTS anymore.  I can't stand TB she really needs to go.

Respected Contributor

There's no actual live audience there, so why the loud canned cheering & applause that Tyra had to shout over the top of?

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched since Derek left but wanted to see him dance last night so saw some of it. Tyra is really out of her element, whatever her element is, and detracts with her inane comments and ridiculous attire. 

Derek made it all worth enduring Tyra and the rest. He was fantastic.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

Is it my TV or does Carrie Ann look "puffy"?  The hair and outfit are terrible in my opinion.  As usual, Trya looks awful.

I noticed that too. I just figured she got a face lift and is still swollen. But I would think she would do that BEFORE the show went back into filming.

I know that Carrie Ann has an auto-immune disease and she has talked about being on steroid treatment.  I didn't really notice her face being puffy but that could be the reason.  

I just thought that the wig she had on looked terrible on her.  The style was not flattering and the color was hideous.

Trusted Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

It is so ridiculous the way Tyra comes strutting out at the beginning with the fake audience applause.  Her outfits are awful.  Wonder what she will wear next week for the Halloween show!

I couldn't agree more.  The fake applause, screaming etc is so over the top you can't hear her speak.  Tyra's facial expressions as she struts like she's hot...uh, no she's not. I remember from years ago when she was on the cover of a famous magazine and it was mentioned that she gained weight and her response to that was slapping her backside and telling the world they can just kiss it.  Obviously she is still in that mindset.  

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh Also notice that Cheryl looks a little different in the face too. I think both of them look great, but do notice a slight change.