Honored Contributor

Re: Dancing With The Stars Tonite!

The inconsistency of this show is mind boggling.  The original premise of the show was as some said, to start as a non dancer and become the most improved.  But then why invite 'stars' with some dance experience?  What is considered dance experience?  So should a contestant automatically be penalized because they were skaters, gymnasts or backup singers?  Should they not work hard to win?  Should the judges subliminally try to sway the viewers to vote a certain way?  These and other questions me want to go "hmmmmm".

Somebody said that Simone was 'snooty' last week.  Simone was tired of being picked on so after trying her best and still getting an unfair reaction from mainly Carrie Ann, she reacted by saying smiling doesn't get you gold medals.  Let's remember that she earlier had been told she smiled too much.  No consistency from the judges.

I loved that Laurie won last year.  She was a smiler too.  I just don't get it.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

I root for the person who makes me smile when I watch them dance - not the perfect dancer.

Simone never would have won over Normani. 

My pick is Rashad.

Honored Contributor

I at first was shocked that Simone was sent home, but then after thinking about it, I feel that even though Simone was adorable, and sweet, and her dances were practically perfect, she just didn't have the personality to win it all. I think she is probably quite shy and maybe a bit introverted, although very nice and I am sure likeable, but she just didn't have the personality to win it all. She sure didn't seem one bit upset last night about going home! I don't think she or her partner were that surprised after last week's comments...Did anyone see Len when they announced that it was Simone going home? He had his hands over his eyes, shaking his head....I don't really mind that David is in the finals, he is so likeable, and such a ncie guy and his chemistry with Lindsey is great..I don't think he will win, but I really don't mind him being in the finals......Sometimes it comes down to personality and that likeability factor!!!Should be an interesting finals next week!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've watched the show sporadically this season, been watching sports and doing other things. But I've read about the Simone smiling stuff. If anyone remembers what happened to Gabby Douglas the gymnast, during the last Olympics..how her behavior was so scrutinized and she was criticized online to the point of cyberbullying. Well I know what the two girls have in common, and I certainly hope it's not a factor at all. 

Simone was very well liked during the last Olympics. There was the whole story about her parents, and her crush on Zac Efron. It seems to me that she was judged very harshly on DWTS for things that had nothing to do with her dancing. I don't know if it's  a female thing or something else or a combination of both, but ugh. I think in general females are always judged more harshly regarding their behavior, personality, and whether they're likable. Even if that's a subconscious thing.

She said this morning on GMA that she felt like she was expected to be like Laurie Hernandez. If there's any truth to that it's silly, she's her own person.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

The inconsistency of this show is mind boggling.  The original premise of the show was as some said, to start as a non dancer and become the most improved.  But then why invite 'stars' with some dance experience?  What is considered dance experience?  So should a contestant automatically be penalized because they were skaters, gymnasts or backup singers?  Should they not work hard to win?  Should the judges subliminally try to sway the viewers to vote a certain way?  These and other questions me want to go "hmmmmm".

Somebody said that Simone was 'snooty' last week.  Simone was tired of being picked on so after trying her best and still getting an unfair reaction from mainly Carrie Ann, she reacted by saying smiling doesn't get you gold medals.  Let's remember that she earlier had been told she smiled too much.  No consistency from the judges.

I loved that Laurie won last year.  She was a smiler too.  I just don't get it.

@Mmsfoxxie, if I could give you a million hearts, I would.  Agree 100% with your post.  Simone didn't have a chance IMO.  I'm now rooting for Rashad.  

Honored Contributor

When Max was sent home after perfect 10 scores, I stopped watching. I just don't understand who's voting.

Respected Contributor

The Heather elimination really bugged me, but she didn't have a good fan base.  I thought Simone did a great job last night, but I will tell you, in all the seasons that I have watched this show (since the beginning), if someone claps back at the judges, it reads as snotty and ungrateful and that person usually gets voted off the next week, whether they mean to sound that way or not.

David isn't nearly the dancer that the others are, but he has not once gotten offended by the judges comments and he is having a good time.  I hope he wins.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bri36

@Bri36 wrote:

I root for the person who makes me smile when I watch them dance - not the perfect dancer.

Simone never would have won over Normani. 

My pick is Rashad.

ITA.  They have three lovable people now in finales and two great dancers.  I will be surprised if David wins, but he did help win for a team that didn,t for 100 years, so he has a big fan base.  Who ever of the three win, will be fine with me.  They all worked hard.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I've watched the show sporadically this season, been watching sports and doing other things. But I've read about the Simone smiling stuff. If anyone remembers what happened to Gabby Douglas the gymnast, during the last Olympics..how her behavior was so scrutinized and she was criticized online to the point of cyberbullying. Well I know what the two girls have in common, and I certainly hope it's not a factor at all. 

Simone was very well liked during the last Olympics. There was the whole story about her parents, and her crush on Zac Efron. It seems to me that she was judged very harshly on DWTS for things that had nothing to do with her dancing. I don't know if it's  a female thing or something else or a combination of both, but ugh. I think in general females are always judged more harshly regarding their behavior, personality, and whether they're likable. Even if that's a subconscious thing.

She said this morning on GMA that she felt like she was expected to be like Laurie Hernandez. If there's any truth to that it's silly, she's her own person.

@Greeneyedlady21  So many of your posts find fault with how women are being treated, and now you are bringing yet another possibility in for mistreatment.

As a woman, I really have disagreed with a lot of your posts finding "it's because she's a female" being the cause of whatever criticism it is at the person.  And now you are subtly bringing in yet another bias as the cause.

I disagree with you now, as I have thought tomyself in many of your posts posts.  Most times the reason criticism is being leveled is the reason give - with no hidden agenda reason.  How about starting with the reason being given and taking people at their words unless proven otherwise, without reading in hidden agendas and prejudices just about everywhere (or seeingly so from your past posts and this one too).  I sure would hate to go through life thinking the worst of everyone's motives.

Honored Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

I didn't take Simone's comments like others did. To me it just seemed like she didn't feel like smiling when Tom asked that after hearing her harsher critique than David gets, and just it is what it is that smiling doesn't mean winning. She seemed rather hurt.

@CANDLEQUEEN

It seems like the judges picked on certain dancers Rashad and Simone.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”