Regular Contributor

Re: Dancing With The Stars Tonite!

She had an attitude last week that came across as snotty..we all said, well she just blew it!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I'm also shocked.

I admit that I voted solely for David up until last week, when I switched my votes to Normani. Frankly, everyone I've spoken to in Chicago were watching this year because of Grandpa. But, I certainly didn't think he deserved to go any further which is why I stopped voting for him.

I like the reasons given - attitude last week combined with the judges seeming to pick on Simone. I would be interested in knowing if there was any sizable change in viewership in Chicago (and possibly Boston), which would be a reason to gloss over one dancers weaknesses while highlighting another's. A conspiracy theory.

I would be happy if either Normani or Rashad won.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just watched David dance and agree with Len, can't say he's great. He should have given his place to Simone, but it never happens. He's got to know he's not as good.

Trusted Contributor

Well it's twice in this season that the person getting perfect 10's is sent home.  Think that Simone's comment about "smiling" last week may have hurt her with some voters, although it had many positive comments on social media.  David is obviously very popular with voters, but at this point in the competition he should have gone home tonight.  My money's on Normani now.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't take Simone's comments like others did. To me it just seemed like she didn't feel like smiling when Tom asked that after hearing her harsher critique than David gets, and just it is what it is that smiling doesn't mean winning. She seemed rather hurt.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder how David feels about this? It's so obvious that David has over stayed his time.  I also think that the judges scored him too high many a time.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, Simone is a better dancer than David for sure.  Unfortunately the people voting don't like it when someone says something like she did last week.  She's adorable and came off wrong.  I think I watch too many of these competition shows (DWTS, SYTYCD, The Voice, X-Factor, American Idol, etc.)  Almost always there is a Fan Favorite and probably half the time they end up winning so the "best" doesn't always win.  It's just the way it goes.  I know that on SYTYCD they don't even say vote for the best dancer anymore.  They now say vote for your favorite - probably because they know that's the way it's going to go anyway.

Trusted Contributor

I'd vote for David to win. He's what the show is supposed to be about. Take a non dancing klutz and turn him into a dancer.

Normani is fantastic but she is a seasoned performer who shouldn't be on the show to start with. Rashad would be my second choice.

Honored Contributor

The best dancers often get eliminated by those with better stories or who are more likeable dancers. SImone was a very good dancer and had a good story, but she didn't come across as all that likeable. 

And I think the pro partners can help a lot too. Lindsay Arnold is a pretty popular pro dancer and she interacts well with David and they both seem to have a lot of fun together. That's probably helping David a lot. They're shown being goofy with one another and having fun. Simone was more focused and serious most of the time.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Alsee wrote:

I'd vote for David to win. He's what the show is supposed to be about. Take a non dancing klutz and turn him into a dancer.

Normani is fantastic but she is a seasoned performer who shouldn't be on the show to start with. Rashad would be my second choice.

@Alsee- I agree.  I'd vote for David to win also.  And Rashad is also my second choice.  They're all terrific at this point (To be honest, I wanted Nancy Kerrigan to win) but they all have to go home except for one.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?