Respected Contributor

Re: Dancing With The Stars 2022

Selma was a guest on the Drew Barrymore show today and she looks great!  She did mention that her MS is in remission right now.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

She looked beautifull at the Emmys, using a cane. 

Honored Contributor

So, I wasn't going to watch, the fact this thread was on page two means I might have been the only one! Now they had two solid hours as opposed to maybe an hour and a half on network tv, yet Tyra said they were running out of time. I think the front runners are Wayne and Charlie. Is there anything Wayne Brady can't do? When God was doling out talent, Wayne got on the line several times, me, I didn't know where the line was!

Honored Contributor

I would stil be watching if it was still on a channel I get!!

Honored Contributor

Alfonso should avoid standing next to Tyra, she is like an Amazon woman, there is such a vast difference in their heights.

Honored Contributor

I cannot imagine it will survive on Disney +. 

Honored Contributor

I agreed with the bottom two couples and agreed with who was sent packing. The other couple only bought themselves an extra week, I think they'll be gone shortly. 

Respected Contributor

In still in dismay ABC chose this as it's first show to streaming , i think ratings were still good , i know so many of my Mom's older friends that are no longer able to watch. I can see lower rating shows with younger viewership going to streaming , but this was an odd choice. I wonder if General Hospital will go this way , since Days of Our Lives was the first. I know streaming is the way of the future.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 I agree.  But Louis is a friend, so I am really rooting for Cheryl and him.  I think Cheryl got into her head and it's hard to dance well that way.  I know when I am competing, if I'm not having fun, I'm not dancing well.  So I've taken to saying something completely inappropriate to my partner before we walk out on to the floor.  And sometimes when we are ON the floor dancing.

I am also rooting for Shangela--I just love her.  She is my favorite drag queen.

After competing in ballroom for almost 2 years--I have a lot of respect for the dancers and pros.  They are all doing what we call "open"--which means that just about everything is allowed (except lifts).  I know I have a hard time memorizing choreography--it takes at least 3 lessons for me to get the choreo memorized and then I work on technique.  These dancers have a new dance every week.  It's hard.

But I also go into my own lessons and say "Hey--I need to work on xxxxxx".

Tyra has calmed down a lot, but I don't know that this show will survive on the streaming platform.  I do like that it has no commercial breaks.