Respected Contributor

I am enjoying this show. It's different from the other reality shows on Bravo. There are no drunk women screaming and fighting and the constant vulgar talk. But Sabrina's partner is giving off creepy controlling abusive vibes. The way that he speaks to her and orders her around and she puts up with it is disturbing. He looks so rough with her when they are dancing yanking her around like he is mad and trying to hurt her. I don't know anything about dance but I can't imagine putting up with the way he treats her.  The other women seem to have better rapport with their dance partners. 

Respected Contributor

At first, I thought Sabrina was obnoxious - now I think most of the people closest to her are.

Her husband apparently doesn't want her to dance, but instead of just saying that - wants to guilt her continuously - she wasn't there for Passover, she wasn't there for her daughter's gymnastics meet, she doesn't come watch him play tennis.  But interestingly, when she asked him how the daughter's meet went - he had no details to offer, he just said "okay."  He didn't even say how she finished.  So how interested was he?

Then her sisters staged some sort of intervention where they scolded her for not being a good mother since - she "takes more time for herself than most mothers."  

And I agree that her partner has some issues going on as well.

Honored Contributor

duh..i forgot to watch it last night or set dvr timer!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Trusted Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

At first, I thought Sabrina was obnoxious - now I think most of the people closest to her are.

Her husband apparently doesn't want her to dance, but instead of just saying that - wants to guilt her continuously - she wasn't there for Passover, she wasn't there for her daughter's gymnastics meet, she doesn't come watch him play tennis.  But interestingly, when she asked him how the daughter's meet went - he had no details to offer, he just said "okay."  He didn't even say how she finished.  So how interested was he?

Then her sisters staged some sort of intervention where they scolded her for not being a good mother since - she "takes more time for herself than most mothers."  

And I agree that her partner has some issues going on as well.

@Isobel Archer 

I mostly agree with you.  But she did phone her daughter after the meet so she basically knew how it went.   The daughter only had two competitions that season/year.  Although she said she understood, don't you think it would have really been important for her mother to be there?

Respected Contributor

@kze   I think she would have been better off if she had attended her daughter's meet since she had herself in such a state over not being there that it adversely affected her dancing.

I get the impression that dancing is the only positive reinforcement she gets - and since her partner is now criticizing her - as a person - also, I think she's headed for trouble.

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey 

I don't care for Sabrina at all, but I agree with you.  She is paying her professional dancer -- and I would hazard a guess that it is a lot!  He is a bully and aggressive.  I gather that this is his personality and his manner of coaching, but I, personally, would not put up with it. She shouldn't either.  It's demeaning.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I think it's great that these women love this dancing and want to excel.  But in Sabrina's case, she has a couple of young daughters and it seems that she is missing important events in their lives.  She can never get these things back.  They grow up so fast.  And even though I am sure she is a good mother, they will remember that Mommy did not come to this or that event because she was off dancing.  I don't feel a parent should have to give up everything they enjoy but I'm just saying, priority is important in these cases.  A lot of the others don't have young children or family members that they have to worry about.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Re: Dancing Queens

[ Edited ]

I get the impression that Sabrina's mothering may be overplayed as an inssue for the show to stir up controversy.

She apparently takes her daughter to her practices, fixes her hair etc.  She is also protrayed as doing all the cooking - making lunches - even preparing the special Passover food before she left.

Her sisers were so smug in telling her she wasn't a good mother - and her husband isn't shown as being overly involved with the girls - so I'm wondering where the truth really is here.

And her husband whining that she doesn't come to watch him play tennis - first of all how good is he - and secondly when does he go watch her dance?  I'm also sure the family is financially benefiting from her being on this show - so continually putting her down seems even more distasteful to me.

It's kind of no wonder she talks about winning the way she does - no one else (even her partner) seems to be cheering for her to win - she has to psyche herself up by doing it herself.

Respected Contributor

Actually, the one who I think is the most obnoxious is Leonie.  Her constant self analysis about she just has to be the best, but lacks sufficient confidence, but has to get over it so she can, in fact, be the best,  is so irritating, I sometimes fast forward when she gets started.

I'm glad Colette is beginning to get over being dropped by her former partner in favor of Pooja (who isn't doing very well with him anyway).  

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

A lot of the others don't have young children or family members that they have to worry about.  

@AngelPuppy1   One of the dancing mothers  has a son w/a “very rare” chromosomal disorder called Tatton-Brown-Rahman Syndrome which accounts for her son’s great height of over 7 ft.  He is also autistic. 

She also has three huge dogs, six cats, and two tortoises.

It's obvious she has "help" while away from home working & dancing as she is single.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif