Esteemed Contributor

Let me start by sayiing I am in no way a Kaitlyn fan.  And just wishiing Nev had won is one thing and fine, but I thought she did a good job and was just as entitled to the win as Nev, who was in a dance troupe through elementary, high school and college.  

Here is a quote from an article which appears to be how it came out about his dance experience:

"There is a chance that Schulman might be downplaying his experience. Even his fellow contestant Skai Jackson mentioned his experience when asked about who her biggest competition is. 

“Probably Nev because he went to school for dance and has so much experience. He’s amazing,” Jackson tweeted"

Also, there have been many Bachelor/Bachelorettes on over the years who didn't win.  It isn't a given.  I wish Jennie Mae had been able to stay.  I think she would have made it to the end..I really liked her.

Again, in no way am I a fan of Kaitlen's but if we are going to say she didn't deserve it because of her experience or because of the show she was on then Justina should have won, not Nev.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle. Sorry...I meant Carrie Ann said last night that Tyra looked amazing.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

I looked up how many bachelorettes won "Dancing" and the results showed

that 2 bachelorettes won 2 seasons straight.

https://popculture.com/reality-tv/news/dancing-with-the-stars-fans-cant-believe-bachelorette-won-2-s... 

Shows Hannah Brown won at the end of the last season which was a year

ago. I didn't realize that was how long ago the show was on. Oh yeah, she

got such high praise too! 

They love their ABC bachelorettes gals!

Honored Contributor

I stopped watching DWTS years ago because I did not recognize the so called "Stars."

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

And what was that getup that Carrie Ann was trying to wear and keep up?  LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@LogoFan wrote:

I absolutely love Derek Hough and always have.  I know that the props for his performance wee a message, but did not care for them.  Howeveer, his dance was great as always. 

@LogoFan - I'm not sure what you mean by a "message"?  Derek said the dance was an homage to his heroes.  (Dance heroes, like Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly?)

I thought the routine was meant to harken back to old movies; the backstage cleanup, etc. by an employee who has the room to himself.  But I could be wrong!

Derek did say that normally he'd dance with others but, because of COVID, that wasn't a good idea.  I don't think it was intended to send any message though.  Just the reality of the current situation.

@Venezia

Actually your interpretation is probably correct, i.e., that he was posing as a backstage cleanup employee with the room to himself.  I used the term message to say he was telling a story, nothing more.

I said, and will say again, I really love Derek Hough.  I miss him as a pro dancer on the show.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dancing Finale

[ Edited ]

@Wsmom wrote:

Let me start by sayiing I am in no way a Kaitlyn fan.  And just wishiing Nev had won is one thing and fine, but I thought she did a good job and was just as entitled to the win as Nev, who was in a dance troupe through elementary, high school and college.  

Here is a quote from an article which appears to be how it came out about his dance experience:

"There is a chance that Schulman might be downplaying his experience. Even his fellow contestant Skai Jackson mentioned his experience when asked about who her biggest competition is. 

“Probably Nev because he went to school for dance and has so much experience. He’s amazing,” Jackson tweeted"

Also, there have been many Bachelor/Bachelorettes on over the years who didn't win.  It isn't a given.  I wish Jennie Mae had been able to stay.  I think she would have made it to the end..I really liked her.

Again, in no way am I a fan of Kaitlen's but if we are going to say she didn't deserve it because of her experience or because of the show she was on then Justina should have won, not Nev.

@Wsmom Nev started with a dance group when he was in 5th grade, and continued with them for  a few years. Anything after that was sporadic - so he was dancing regularly when he was a kid!

Kaitlyns dance  experience is recent - and massive! https://screenrant.com/dancing-with-stars-2020-kaitlyn-bristowe-bio/

Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114 , I stand corrected then.  

The articles I'd read said he had been a dance student all the way through, even at Sarah Lawrence College until he was kicked out for punching a woman in the head.  

Trusted Contributor

@threecees  This show has become such a joke. 2 years in a row a bachelorette has won DWTS( a show on the same network). Coincidence? I surely think not. Nev tapped into a raw talent and was fabulous. No way was either Kaitlyn or Hannah Brown dancing better than others on the show.

Honored Contributor

Hannah Brown was so ungrateful after she won.  I did not enjoy her at all.