Highlighted
Honored Contributor

DWTS had a good run, but it is time for it to come to an end.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dancing Finale

[ Edited ]

Nev should have won over Kaitlyn, especially since she had previous dance experience.  I guess it is just a given that a Bachelorette contestant will always be part of the cast.

Nelly should have not been in the finale and Justina should have come in as third, not behind Nelly.  Also the judges were very free with their 10's this season, more so than any other time.

I have watched this show from the very beginning and loved it, but It is time to end it.

Honored Contributor

Nelly should have left weeks ago !!!

Honored Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

I also thought #2 should have won .... I was just beyond suprised

Johnny didn't do better .. with his skating training I thought he

would be a natural at dancing ....

I remember when Meryl Davis and Charlie White were on the show, they said that skating required a whole different skill set and that they had to "unlearn" a lot before they could learn the dances.

I'm sure it was the same for Johnny.  I was disappointed he exited so soon.

Honored Contributor

@Helen852 wrote:

Seems that ABC takes care of their own.  I watched off and on and knew enough about Kaitlyn to realize she has dance experience and her mother owned/owns a dance studio.  Johnny Weir's interview was truthful and he told it like it is.  Don't blame him one bit.  

@Helen852  - I didn't know that; it seems to be an unfair advantage and she wasn't even that brilliant in the first few shows.  She kept saying that "they" told her she couldn't dance.  Why would anyone say that to someone who already had dance experience unless it was to get a sympathy vote.

She wasn't my favorite

I'll have to see if I can find the interview with Johnny that's been mentioned.

Honored Contributor

Carrie Ann said today on The Talk, this was her fave season so far, thought the talent this time was amazing.

Cheryl praised Nelly, totally undeserved.  Sharon said she loved Nev's freestyle. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle  of course Carrie Ann said that.  She is trying to keep that job.  She also said Tyra looked amazing last night...s*u*c*k*ing up.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@LogoFan wrote:

I absolutely love Derek Hough and always have.  I know that the props for his performance wee a message, but did not care for them.  Howeveer, his dance was great as always. 

@LogoFan - I'm not sure what you mean by a "message"?  Derek said the dance was an homage to his heroes.  (Dance heroes, like Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly?)

I thought the routine was meant to harken back to old movies; the backstage cleanup, etc. by an employee who has the room to himself.  But I could be wrong!

Derek did say that normally he'd dance with others but, because of COVID, that wasn't a good idea.  I don't think it was intended to send any message though.  Just the reality of the current situation.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dancing Finale

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick wrote:

@Shelbelle  of course Carrie Ann said that.  She is trying to keep that job.  She also said Tyra looked amazing last night...s*u*c*k*ing up.

I never heard her say anything about Tyra, just that her own dress was so amazing. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@MamaWick wrote:

I never heard hers ay anything about Tyra, just that her own dress was so amazing. 

@Shelbelle Carrie Ann definitely said last night Tyra looked good (I don't remember her exact words).