Esteemed Contributor

wondering if ever coming back on Lifetime ?   I know Abby was in jail ,  don't remember for how long or if she is still there.   I liked the show even though at times was like a train wreck!    Liked seeing the kids and the dancing even with all the drama.   Maybe lifetime wrote it off because of Abby being  jailed.

Honored Contributor

I read the show will be back with Abby in June.  She is out of jail.  She was being treated for cancer at some point.  I think it was after jail, but not positive.

Honored Contributor

Let's hope it never comes back.... especially  Abby the nasty mean old lady. And a felon to boot!   The Mothers were all disgusting as well.... Makes for good trashy reality TV... but other than that is was garbage.  Hopefully all the girls are growing up free of Abby and her nastiness and living better lives without her.

Respected Contributor

DON'T know about most of the girls, but Nia had a bit part on The Bold and the Beautiful.  Hasn't been on for a few weeks though.

The girl I miss most is McKenzie. She was really cute.  Wish they could bring her back. Didn't mind Abby's nastiness, but didn't like it when she went totally nuts.

Trusted Contributor

I saw a brief clip with Abby in the hospital, crying again, saying that she had to get back to teaching her children, so it sounds like they will attempt to bring it back. I stopped watching a couple of years ago when it was too much about the horrible moms and not enough of the girls dancing. Plus now, are they going to have to pretend like they are Abby's friends since she is sick - they aren't going to be able to pick fights with her being as frail as she appeared in that clip I saw. I am actually surprised if she still has a studio, since all of her financial and health problems could not have left her with much.

Honored Contributor

I did see that she is supposed to have a show again.  I thought I saw that the studio in California was gone because it was really expensive while she was in jail and sick.  I am wondering --- does her studio in Pittsburgh still exist?  

I loved this show when it first came on.  The original kids --- Nia, Chloe, Maddy, McKenzie, Nia, etc.  And their moms --- even though they were a trip --- they were funny at times. 

Of course, those kids are pretty much grown up now.

I know Abby appeared to be nasty a lot of the times but the mothers appeared to be nasty, aggressive and mean also.  And --- if it were all peaches and cream, it would not have been all that interesting to watch I guess.  But, I loved watching the kids dance and preparing for their shows and the actual competitions themselves.

I would love if the show does return, they would focus more on the children and the dancing.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I honestly don't understand the appeal or how anyone could actually sit down and watch this show!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 

I enjoy the entertaiment....i dislike murder shows,some comedies  but do like,house hunters,etc.

I guess it's to each their own.Smiley Happy

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

DON'T know about most of the girls, but Nia had a bit part on The Bold and the Beautiful.  Hasn't been on for a few weeks though.

The girl I miss most is McKenzie. She was really cute.  Wish they could bring her back. Didn't mind Abby's nastiness, but didn't like it when she went totally nuts.

the most successful of all the kids in Abbey's class was Maddie Ziegler.  She's a professional dancer now.  Not sure of her age.  She caused a sensation when she danced to Chandelier video  by Sia  i think she was about 12 when she danced this.

https://youtu.be/2vjPBrBU-TM