Esteemed Contributor
I watched tonight for the second time this season. The girls have grown since their debut! It was a rather low key episode, but it looks like next week's show will be full of drama!

Anybody here watching the show? I used to watch each week, but my interest has waned over the years. I still like to tune in every once in a while just to see the costumes. I wonder if they keep all those outfits.
Honored Contributor
I've watched this show a couple of times and scarcely believed my eyes. I thought it bordered on child abuse. Terrible program.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have watched this show all along.  I miss the original girls and moms.  It is just not the same.   I miss Brook and Paige and Chloe!  And their moms, Christie and Kelly.  

They have added different girls along the way and, of course, that means new moms.  There is a lot of discord and feuding and jealousy among the mothers.

The girls are exquisite dancers and all seem to want to branch out into other aspects of the entertainment industry such as singing and acting.

I am especially fond of Nia and her mother.  

I wonder though how much of the craziness thart is portrayed by Abbey is for the show.  Every time that she has gone to LA -- she appears very looney.  Now, that she and the show is in LA for the foreseeable future, she is even more off the wall. Could this behavior be staged to make the show seem more interesting?

I did hear that there were a couple of pending lawsuits against her involving a couple of the girls and mothers that are no longer there.  Don't know if this is true and if so, what has happened.

Abbey makes no secret of her favoritism for Maddy.  Yes, she is a gifted performer, but it is terribly unfair to the other girls.  

On the last show that I watched, Maddy's sister, McKenzie, beat her in a competitiion, which I was so pleased to see, as she deserved it.  But her mother and Abbey and Maddy were not all that pleased.  

It is an entertaining show, I will give it that.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I watched this show more in past seasons than I am this season  I got tired of seeing the moms fight and Abby acting like such a witch!!  I do think Maddie is one of the best dancers, but Abby does favor her over the others.  When I do watch, I try to time it just to see the girls dance and forgo the never-ending clashes between moms/Abby/Cathy.  I don't see any reason to bring in Cathy of the Apples group, other than to cause more conflict.  I do think the dances in past seasons were better planned and carried out than in the current season.

Honored Contributor

I'm wondering if this will be the last season it will be on?

The 2 older girls are doing videos  etc.

I just wonder as it seems so different this season.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

I've seen this show on TV and know of it, but have always passed on because I  LIVED that show.

My 3 daughters danced for 13 years, day in day out.  They all three took ballet, tap, jazz (one also took toe and gymnastics (add a few other things in there).

Sometimes I'd have to drag them there.  Think about it, 3 daughters, 3 ages, 3 moods, ugh, sometimes I thought I'd go crazy.  The problem is they always wanted to quit near the end AFTER I'd bought the VERY EXPENSIVE (you have not idea) take one costume at around $75 to $100, multiply that by 3 (that would be one costume).  Very expensive.

I always knew my girls were never going to become famous dancers (they never wanted to), but they liked to dance and were OK at it (Hey!  I'm a realistic Mother)!

All went relatively well until that 13th year when the oldest started getting interested in school activities (she was getting burned out, i.e. National Honor Society, French Honor Society, Mothers Against Drunk Drivers, you name it.

The ballet teacher was always making my daugher's life difficult.  She (like many dance teachers) wanted dance to be my daughter's entire life, i.e. extra practice, etc.  My daughter started speaking up for herself (not rude just, "Look, I am preparing for college.  I'm not going to be a dancer.  I do this because I enjoy the exercise, the recitals.  That's it".)

I got a call one evening from the teacher and she said, "Your daughter is not giving this her 'all'".  I said, "Was she rude"?  Teacher says, "No, not at all".  I said, "I think it's time for this to end.  Well, let's just say she was not happy!  The teacher went on and on about how talented my daughter was and how we were making a mistake, etc.  

Come on!  We all knew (and so did the teacher) that there were way more talented kids in there who really loved dance.  The teacher was just thinking of all of the money she was losing!   

There are a lot of teachers like that one on the show.  But I think there are more parents like those on the show.  I've heard about how pushy the parents are.  I can tell you some stories that would leave your mouth open!  Stories of things these adults did to ensure their kid got the lead role, things they said to and about each other.  

I know parents are known for yelling at coaches and umpires but as the saying goes, "Hell hath no fury like a Mom who thinks their kid is the best, and it's not being recognized, right or wrong".  Ha!  These were Moms who I'd sit with all during the week and they were so sweet, then suddenly the claws would come out and I was like, "Who is this person?"

Finally, I will say that with my oldest daughter, even though she made straight A's all through school, belonged to every club, etc. she never was in any organized sports program (didn't have time with dance), when she applied to University of Va early admission, they told my husband they accepted her because she'd danced for 13 years.  Well, not the only reason, but it helped because it showed discipline, etc.  

So there are plus reasons to keep a kid in dance, just make sure the child wants it more than the parent is not living out her fantasy through the child.