Honored Contributor

Re: Dance Mom's Returns on June 4th on Lifetime

@Lisa now in AZ 

thanks for that tidbit on Gino...

I have a feeling he will get to stay on abby's show for ??

I thought it was just a one hour show last night...

but there were a few more until 10:30 pm my time...

I cried when they showed what she went through with her  surgery

plus

chemo treatments.. 

as.one of my d/i/l s had 3 or 4 different cancers   found at  the same time...early stages..  a few years ago and   they  were caught soon enough to treat her.  She is now 8 or 9 years cancer free!!

Bless everyone that  had cancer and needed to go though..surgery ,chemo,radiation,etc....you are my hero's!!

Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

WOW, Abby has been through you know what, two spinal surgeries down and one to go, horrific.

I really enjoyed the show last night, but the scenes with Abby in the hospital took the breath out of me,  felt stressed watching.

I am looking froward to the shows ahead.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   Teaching dance is Abby's passion, her life, and as she said, not having a family any longer, if she didn't have that, she had no purpose to live.  She was so much nicer to everyone last night.  I don't think she has the energy to be the way she was before, but I am sure there will be drama, which the moms provide, they get Abby wound up.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

She has really been through a lot..and i'm glad that they didn't sugarcoat any   any of the scenes...we  saw her going through all of her struggles!

I was happy when they told us that she changed her mind and continued her chemo!And now    she is in remission!

We saw a different Abby this time in her new show..

may she continue to heal and be able to walk again,etc.Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I've been watching the old episodes for a few weeks now. Don't know the channel number. I think those episodes were done when Mattie was about eight years old.  Loved to see McKenzie - she was always my favorite. Matie was Abby's favorite even then.  I was not so wild about Chloe, who had quite an overblown ego.   Hope that there will be some new "Moms" coming up. Maybe a little nicer. I watched to see the girls dance and to watch them grow up on the screen. My girls danced and my best friend was their dance instructor.  Those days were fun, happy times for our family - seems so long ago now.

Did anyone notice that Nia had a bit part on The Bold and The Beautiful earlier this year.  I guess she's off now.

Watching the reruns, it really bothered me when McKenzie beat Maddie and their mom said that Maddie should have won.  Sad.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed the show this week.  I missed it but was able to stream from Lifetime's website.  

The one that returned from previous seasons---her mom is already getting on my nerves!

Hannah Banana from Indiana is cute but her shyness may hold her back.

Honored Contributor

I did not know Abby had cancer - the struggles she faced is heartbreaking, I thought she was in a scooter bc of weight issues. 

Those moms are relentless and can't shut up. They all saw Maddie rise to success so bring on the drama for more air time. What adults act this way? I agree that Hannah Banana is sweet and the mom overcompensates to fill the dead air. The mom from Pittsburgh is pushy and Kate Gosselin wants her hair back lol

Trusted Contributor

I know that the original dancers seemed to be local to her studio where this group of dancers, all much stronger than the first team, were recruited from across the country. I watched the first one, but not the show before it where they covered Abby's treatment, etc. 

I am not sure about all of the dancers yet, but they sure did recruit some loony mothers. I may not stick with it, but I am enjoying some of the dancing for now. These dancers are really talented already.

Trusted Contributor

@cowboy sam, the male dancer who is currently on the new Dance Moms is not the same one I was referring to who is now on So You Think You Can Dance. The one on Abby's new team is a different guy and I think he is permanently on the team, as she recruited a whole new team (although she knows Lili). I think that Gino, one of her former fill-in dancers, will do great on SYTYCD and some of the judges have already said they expect him to be in the top 10 (although the auditions are just starting, so who knows?).

Esteemed Contributor

GiaNina already has an impressive resume.  I think she's good, but I wonder about her being overconfident.  She's quite a contrast to Hannah Banana.

Liliana's mom kept picking at the local girl saying she supposedly wasn't at the elite level.  Abby obviously wants that little girl there, so that ought to be good enough to satisfy any doubters.  It would be one thing if the kids were making a big deal about it, but on another level that the mom kept bringing it up.

I kept waiting for Candy Apples Cathy to show, but I guess it's too early.  Hope she makes an appearance this season.