Respected Contributor

Re: Dance Mom's Returns on June 4th on Lifetime

[ Edited ]

I've been watching the old episodes for a few weeks now. Don't know the channel number. I think those episodes were done when Mattie was about eight years old.  Loved to see McKenzie - she was always my favorite. Matie was Abby's favorite even then.  I was not so wild about Chloe, who had quite an overblown ego.   Hope that there will be some new "Moms" coming up. Maybe a little nicer. I watched to see the girls dance and to watch them grow up on the screen. My girls danced and my best friend was their dance instructor.  Those days were fun, happy times for our family - seems so long ago now.

Did anyone notice that Nia had a bit part on The Bold and The Beautiful earlier this year.  I guess she's off now.

Valued Contributor

The show is called Dance Mom's. it's supposed to be about the moms.  Funny how we all go to the dancers.  I think Abby would be much better without the moms butting in.  They tried to undermine her all the time.  I see the new show being no different.  Moms need to but out and let the teacher teach.  

I'll be watching.

Honored Contributor

I really enjoyed watching the earlier seasons - the girls were so young and so talented. As the season went on - it just go too crazy with all the new moms and their daughters. 

When Maddie danced with Chloe as a duet - they were stunning together

I will still watch this rebott - then I will decide

Trusted Contributor

I liked the first round with the original girls and their moms were tolerable. Then they started ramping up the crazy in the moms and they were disgusting women. I didn't llike the newer group and Abby was really off the rails, too. Now that she is there in a wheelchair still being horrible to those kids, I am not going to watch. I wonder how often she will play her illness card? The previews of the kids dancing look like they are really good, but once the moms start fighting, it makes it too ugly for me. Those who watch - enjoy! I can only do one guilty reality (ha!) plasure and for now, it seems to be Married at First Sight.

Honored Contributor

This program is little more than televised child abuse.  I'm surprised it has an audience willing to support it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

This program is little more than televised child abuse.  I'm surprised it has an audience willing to support it.

@Kachina624    It probably isn't considered child abuse, legally.

Valued Contributor

I am very happy the show is back.Abby wanted the dancers to become stars,she said that many times.Most of them are successful and rich now.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I will be watching!

I watched this from the beginning and loved the original little girls!  It was so enjoyable to watch them dance and progress in their talent and to see them in their competitions.  Abby was always very entertaining.  How much was real and how much was put on for t.v.??  Who knows??  The original mothers were something else, too, but I did love watching them as well.

I know Abby obviously had some shady dealings concerning the law and I don't condone this type of thing with anyone.  

I did read and felt really bad when I read about all her horrible health issues.  I would not wish this on anyone.

I am looking forward to the new season.  Guilty pleasures for sure! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I've been watching the old episodes for a few weeks now. Don't know the channel number. I think those episodes were done when Mattie was about eight years old.  Loved to see McKenzie - she was always my favorite. Matie was Abby's favorite even then.  I was not so wild about Chloe, who had quite an overblown ego.   Hope that there will be some new "Moms" coming up. Maybe a little nicer. I watched to see the girls dance and to watch them grow up on the screen. My girls danced and my best friend was their dance instructor.  Those days were fun, happy times for our family - seems so long ago now.

Did anyone notice that Nia had a bit part on The Bold and The Beautiful earlier this year.  I guess she's off now.

@Perkup , she may be a really good dancer, but she’s a horrible actor. 

Trusted Contributor

Who would have guessed that Jo Jo would be such a "star" now with her clothing and accessories line? She was always polite and respectful, even if her mother went from being the one with good reasoning to the one of the worst and most spiteful.