Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 387
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders - Making the Team and Racing Wives Premier

[ Edited ]

I don't get CMT anymore so I don't watch this season.

Spoiler
If anybody wants to know, the Wikipedia page for Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders:Making The Team lists the 2019-2020 squad.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,886
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders - Making the Team and Racing Wives Premier

This show changed a few years ago to be more scripted.  In the past, I think it was more about these women and what they had to go through to make the team.  As someone else pointed out they focused more on the makeovers, they were involved in a fashion show, they showed the uniform fittings more in depth and the photo shoot.  

 

There was a shift in the show to feature more of the women personally, which I don't care about.  And it seems they are keeping some of the women or letting them through, strictly for the show.  Meredith is a complete mess as is Kat yet they are still there and week in and week out, Meredith is a complete mess.  Kat's solo was a mess and I seem to remember her group dance that was done for her to even get into training camp, was a mess yet they put her through.  Malina never even should have made training camp.

 

Also years ago, this aired much sooner so by the time football started, it was done.  It's rather anti-climatic now to be going into Week 5 of the NFL and the show is still going.    

Honored Contributor
Posts: 62,216
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders - Making the Team and Racing Wives Premier


@Lucky Dog wrote:

I don't get CMT anymore so I don't watch this season.

Spoiler
If anybody wants to know, the Wikipedia page for Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders:Making The Team lists the 2019-2020 squad.

Good to know @Lucky Dog  because at the rate they're going, the football season will be over by the time this show wraps up...


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
Posts: 62,216
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders - Making the Team and Racing Wives Premier


@LipstickDiva wrote:

This show changed a few years ago to be more scripted.  In the past, I think it was more about these women and what they had to go through to make the team.  As someone else pointed out they focused more on the makeovers, they were involved in a fashion show, they showed the uniform fittings more in depth and the photo shoot.  

 

There was a shift in the show to feature more of the women personally, which I don't care about.  And it seems they are keeping some of the women or letting them through, strictly for the show.  Meredith is a complete mess as is Kat yet they are still there and week in and week out, Meredith is a complete mess.  Kat's solo was a mess and I seem to remember her group dance that was done for her to even get into training camp, was a mess yet they put her through.  Malina never even should have made training camp.

 

Also years ago, this aired much sooner so by the time football started, it was done.  It's rather anti-climatic now to be going into Week 5 of the NFL and the show is still going.    


@LipstickDiva  The changes aren't for the better... The show might have been getting a little stale, but this approach is hardly refreshing... Not so interested in all the little 'confessionals' nor in week after week of 'celebrity' dancers... And, as noted, given the squad has now ostensibly been performing for weeks at Dallas games, to have scheduled this the way they have, so that the season will be virtually over by the time the cheerleaders are 'formally' announced, is just dumb...


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,609
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders - Making the Team and Racing Wives Premier

Anyone still watching?

 

I am still watching and have watched every season faithfully, but this season seems to be taking FOREVER.  I thought for sure that this past Friday would be the end, but this week should be it. 


Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,415
Registered: ‎11-25-2011

Re: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders - Making the Team and Racing Wives Premier


@gidgetgh wrote:

Anyone still watching?

 

I am still watching and have watched every season faithfully, but this season seems to be taking FOREVER.  I thought for sure that this past Friday would be the end, but this week should be it. 


@gidgetgh 

I watched for many seasons when it started.

Always thought the last episode was around the 1st game.

At this point, just watch a game & you'll know who was accepted.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,609
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders - Making the Team and Racing Wives Premier


@sidsmom wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

Anyone still watching?

 

I am still watching and have watched every season faithfully, but this season seems to be taking FOREVER.  I thought for sure that this past Friday would be the end, but this week should be it. 


@gidgetgh 

I watched for many seasons when it started.

Always thought the last episode was around the 1st game.

At this point, just watch a game & you'll know who was accepted.



@sidsmom - I already know and I still watch, LOL. 


Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,541
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders - Making the Team and Racing Wives Premier

I also watch, but this season has been horrible. You would think that they would have learned from last season, when all the focus and attention was on Victoria. This time they are focusing on the two women who, in seasons past, would have been cut early in Training Camp, Meredith and Kat. While they both have improved, neither are close to be "field ready," and Meredith has been even worse than Kat, plus she has no personality. They keep making such a big deal about how beautiful Meredith is, which I don't see. Kat is over the top, but she is really pretty and seems to be fun. I could see her making it. I have read, though, that Meredith's family is friends with the Jones family, so that says it all.

 

In the past, I wondered if each season would be the last. Still wondering. CMT is getting more involved in the show and it is making it worse and not even a little bit suspenseful. As people have said, anyone who is interested already has seen the team. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 62,216
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders - Making the Team and Racing Wives Premier

[ Edited ]

Still watching, but DVR so I can fast forward over large portions when I want. Disappointing season and frankly, some disappointing choices. I did look at the site mentioned on the spoiler above to see who ultimately made the team and wasn't impressed by a couple of them. Also not all that impressed by certain selections for the show group. Like everything, I guess it's political, and I suppose the women get the job done, but oh well... Not sure I'll watch again if they continue with this formula. The show has grown sort of tedious and predictable and some of the new features aren't interesting.


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
Posts: 62,216
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders - Making the Team and Racing Wives Premier

[ Edited ]

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

I also watch, but this season has been horrible. You would think that they would have learned from last season, when all the focus and attention was on Victoria. This time they are focusing on the two women who, in seasons past, would have been cut early in Training Camp, Meredith and Kat. While they both have improved, neither are close to be "field ready," and Meredith has been even worse than Kat, plus she has no personality. They keep making such a big deal about how beautiful Meredith is, which I don't see. Kat is over the top, but she is really pretty and seems to be fun. I could see her making it. I have read, though, that Meredith's family is friends with the Jones family, so that says it all.

 

In the past, I wondered if each season would be the last. Still wondering. CMT is getting more involved in the show and it is making it worse and not even a little bit suspenseful. As people have said, anyone who is interested already has seen the team. 


I don't find Meredith 'beautiful' either. She's attractive but there are prettier girls on the team. As for Kat, I can't abide her. She might be fun in person, but I find her artificial in the extreme and obnoxious. I'd have cut both of them by now. Interesting that neither of them ever seems to perform 'clean' and yet they'll both make the team in some capacity. I don't know how Victoria made the team unless it's some sort of 'legacy' or political thing. That they put her in show group is a travesty. Her mother really needs to give up the ghost. Her cheerleader days are over, move on. She looked foolish up there in the stands going through the routines.


In my pantry with my cupcakes...