Honored Contributor

Re: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders - Making the Team and Racing Wives Premier

@SWEET wrote:

Don't know why I'm still watching this season.  I'm bored.  I don't know why they keep focusing on Cat; always the first scene too.

I don't think I'll be watching next year.

@SWEET - I’m still hanging in with it, but last night I think they were just at week 5 so I think we have a ways to go.  I found myself hoping that we’d just skip ahead to the end of training camp. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

Especially since the football season has started and pictures of the team have been released. I am not really impressed with many of the rookies who are still there (Kat and Meredith). And I am rolling my eyes every time they try to make us like Voctoria. After last yearshe does look a lttle better but her dancing is still too wild, but she has been annointed as the Golden Girl, so she will get her spot this year. And, be on Show Group.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

Don't know why I'm still watching this season.  I'm bored.  I don't know why they keep focusing on Cat; always the first scene too.

@SWEET - I’m still hanging in with it, but last night I think they were just at week 5 so I think we have a ways to go.  I found myself hoping that we’d just skip ahead to the end of training camp. 

@gidgetgh, I think so.  I was hoping it would go faster like last year but guess not.  A lot of guest choreographers this year it seems.  I must have fallen asleep but who was the woman with Tyce?  Did they introduce her?

I'm so sick of Kat and Melinda.  They've given Melinda too many chances and I think Kelli wants her to stay.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@gidgetgh, I think so.  I was hoping it would go faster like last year but guess not.  A lot of guest choreographers this year it seems.  I must have fallen asleep but who was the woman with Tyce?  Did they introduce her?

I'm so sick of Kat and Melinda.  They've given Melinda too many chances and I think Kelli wants her to stay.

@SWEET - each week Kelly introduces these choreographers and I haven’t a clue who any of them are,  

Kat and Meridith sure  are getting a lot of air time. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@SWEET - each week Kelly introduces these choreographers and I haven’t a clue who any of them are,  

Kat and Meridith sure  are getting a lot of air time. 

@gidgetghunfortunately they tend to focus on a few others too like Victoria since she came back from last season and the ones who aren't doing well.  I don't watch You Think You Can Dance and I think that's where Tyce is from and Evan (?) must do celebs.  Not sure.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't watch every year, but one of the stations showed all episodes from the past several years back to back over a few weeks and I watched quite a few, mostly by DVR. I've decided the best way to watch is by DVR and preferably the the entire season, picking and choosing and fast forwarding though the dull parts.

This season seems different and pretty boring. Too many 'guest' choreographers and many of them not that impressive. That second duo last night, regardless of their 'credentials', didn't impress me and that routine was ridiculous. Not much interested either in the little snippets of several of the girls hanging out together, going to spas and so on. 

Don't know who's pushing Kat so hard. Don't like her. She seems like a phony and I've yet to have her wow me with her talent. I don't get the sense Kelli is all that thrilled by her either, but someone must be since she's still there. Clearly, Kelli is pulling for Meredith and so she's still there, though it seems like she's singled out every week for being weak. Tired of her constant boo-hooing...

Noticed they started targeting one of the vets last night. One of the women who tried out for years before finally making it and has now been a DCC for two years. It would be a shame to see her cut only so they could put one of the not so special rookies they keep pushing on the team.

Will DVR from now on and can see myself skipping a lot of footage. I wonder how many weeks are left because at the rate they're going, the actual season will be over by the time they announce who made the team. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kelli and Judy, meh... I don't know... Was it just last week they were ready to break bad on the vet bumped from the show group, who was upset and left for a few minutes to go collect herself in the locker room... Meanwhile, last night, Kelli's getting all teary because one of the girls told her she held her fate in her hands or some such nonsense... Maybe some of it's playing for TV, but given what those women go through for very little payback, you'd think they could be just a little bit warmer across the board... It's like they expect those women to be practically Stepford...

I wonder if this show is past it's sell-by date... It really does seem to be dragging this year... No matter how long training camp actually lasts, maybe they need fewer episodes that have been edited to pack more of a punch...

Trusted Contributor

I hve read that CMT is getting more involved in the production of the show and has been making changes. It definitely feels different this year. Usually they spend way more time on uniform fittings and taking cameos, as well as the makeovers.This time, they were just thrown in for less than 10 minutes.

I don't understand why they have to keep Kat and Meredith. I don't even see Meredith as this great beauty they claim she is. She is annoying and is way over her head. Kat may be fun and personable, but she is usually off during the choreography.

Spoiler
I has been nnounced that Kat and Meredith made the team as alternates - maybe in case someone gets sick? Anyway, they are both on the roster. I really don't like what they have done this year.

And I agree, I didn't need to see girls walking dogs or getting scripted spa treatments, courtesy for the producer favorite, Victoria. She IS better this year, but still spins out of control a lot. I can't believe she is in show group. Must have been her consolation prize for being kicked off last year. I think that is the only way Kelli could stay friends with her BFF (Victoria's mother).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lisa now in AZ  It explains quite a bit if the network is getting involved in production. More times than not, it doesn't make anything better and it would appear that's the case here. I agree, too much time on all these endless 'guests' and scripted vignettes when the fun stuff, make overs and photo sessions, etc., that have kept the show going to this point are now secondary... I mean, come on, how many guests doing sometimes dicey dance routines that would never translate onto the field does anyone want to see... Interesting stuff in the spoiler... I'd say more but for those who don't want to know, don't want to give anything away...

Respected Contributor

I am so bored of DCC that I'm thinking of deleting the rest of the series and probably won't be watching next season.  This is the only season I can actually tell you that I'm not enjoying it.

I heard that Melinda was finally let go.  About time!  They gave her too many chances as it was and she was not getting better.