Respected Contributor

Re: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders - Making the Team and Racing Wives Premier

Did anyone watch last night?  I DVR'ed it and probably will watch it today.

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

I watched DCC for the first time last season, and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it...I was hooked! What those young women go through to make the team is pretty intense. I think I was most surprised at those who come back year after year to try out. Don't think I could put myself through all that if I didn't make it the first time!

I did, too!  I watched the entire Season 13 yesterday.  

I hope they show previous seasons.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

considering how much they pay the players, they should be able to pay the cheerleaders more. i have been watch this for several years and still enjoy it. it's a rigours training with very high standards.i was surprised to hear how many women come from other teams to try out.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

DCC will start another season this Friday, August 2 at 9:00 on CMT.  I believe this is Season 14 for this show.

A new reality show called Racing Wives will also premier this Friday at 10:00 p.m. on CMT.  It follows the wives of some big names in NASCAR.  It was originally slated to begin in January, 2019 and then it was postponed.   

@Lipstickdiva 

Wow ....   I am also shocked.   What would ever possess a grown woman to want to be a cheerleader?   Isn't this the group that makes minimum wage?    

@Tinkrbl44   I was wondering about that myself...don't these women make very little pay yet are expected to look "hot" and be very athletic?  The irony is, is that the male football players make millions...

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Edited to delete incorrect message.  Sorry!

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

The still picture roster has also been up for some time, but I'm wondering if it's last year's roster. It seems like the current try outs would be for 2019-2020.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

DCC Making the Team - Spoiler (no names)

The first episode ran Friday night (08-02-19) and they said they only had 6 open spots due to the high number of veterans returning this year.  Well, they put out a nice video of the new team of 36 and there are:
16 rookies
8 two year veterans
9 three year veterans
2 four year veterans
1 five year veteran

That means 10 veterans were released or left during training camp.  Should be an interesting season to watch.

Video of new 2018/2019 DCC squad: (names & faces revealed)

@Havarti - that’s last year’s team. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh & @stevieb 

You are soooooooo right!  What an idiot I am....I even wrote that it was the 2018/2019 team...you would think that I would know 2018 is past and this year's team is the 2019/2020 team.  I tell you, the older I get the more I really worry about myself...I just don't have that much smarts to lose and what little I may have/had seems to be fading quickly.  Thanks for letting me know in such a kind & gentle manner.  Everyone else who comes to read it, please disregard my "breaking news". 

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Havarti  Woman Wink 

No worries... And it does seeem strange that the current team's roster isn't up. The football season, at least the preseason, has started, so it's seems pretty likely this year's cheerleaders have been selected. In fact, according to the schedule, it looks like auditions started back in May and June...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I watched the first time the show aired.  The girls weren't required to go through as much as they are put through now.  Kelly admitted she never had to do anything she has demamded the girls to do.  I think it's harsh and cruel to put the gals through such stunts. 

I stopped viewing the show. 

I did try to stay with the racing wives show but I think it will turn out to be another "Housewives of" show where they meet, fight, drink, glamour up, on and on.  I won't watch again. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust