Honored Contributor

Re: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders - Making the Team and Racing Wives Premier

[ Edited ]

Kelli Finglass and my cousin went through school together and graduated high school in 1983.  Miranda Lambert was a few decades later.  The only girl I knew who became A DCC did it for one year after our graduation (1980).  Has had her own law firm here in town for decades now.  There was one hired as the receptionist back in the '80's at my husband's office.  I noticed the few times I saw her she only had water and lemon and never ate any cake for office parties.  I love cake.  I considered trying out but high school drill team is one thing DCC is something else.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

DCC will start another season this Friday, August 2 at 9:00 on CMT.  I believe this is Season 14 for this show.

A new reality show called Racing Wives will also premier this Friday at 10:00 p.m. on CMT.  It follows the wives of some big names in NASCAR.  It was originally slated to begin in January, 2019 and then it was postponed.   

@Lipstickdiva 

Wow ....   I am also shocked.   What would ever possess a grown woman to want to be a cheerleader?   Isn't this the group that makes minimum wage?    

Why?

It’s a HUGE Resume Bullet Point.

Saying you’re a Dallas Cowboy’s Cheerleader (not just any 

professional cheerleader for any team) opens many, many doors. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the reminder.

Honored Contributor

Someone we know is a cheerleader for them. We haven't seen her in years but she has been very dedicated to dance and gymnastics her entire life. I've never watched this show.

Respected Contributor

@Havarti   have you watched many seasons of this? 

i couldn't disagree more about your assessment of the show. 

judy and kelly give many of these girls chance after chance. yes, have seen the Kleenex box on many occasions.  for most of these girls, this is not just a audition, for a job, it's a dream.  lots of hard work, and dedication.  

if you are in it for the pay, probably not the job for you.  there is status in calling yourself a dcc cheerleader. 

agree with you about charlotte, she does seem to be pretty taken with herself.  

kitty is all about tough love. she is trying to get the girls performance ready. just being good, won't cut it. you have to be better than just good. 

for sure, not a job for anybody. 

i love this show. haven't been able to get it though since we switched to roku. Cat Sad

Trusted Contributor

They now make $150.00 Per home game.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

DCC will start another season this Friday, August 2 at 9:00 on CMT.  I believe this is Season 14 for this show.

A new reality show called Racing Wives will also premier this Friday at 10:00 p.m. on CMT.  It follows the wives of some big names in NASCAR.  It was originally slated to begin in January, 2019 and then it was postponed.   

@Lipstickdiva 

Wow ....   I am also shocked.   What would ever possess a grown woman to want to be a cheerleader?   Isn't this the group that makes minimum wage?    

@Tinkrbl44 

I've actually personally known some DCC ladies and they have careers, too. Most have been dancing since they learned to walk.  No, they don't get paid a lot to be a DCC, but it is the experience of being on a team, the travel, etc., that they enjoy.  The few whom I knew thought it was an honor to be a DCC and it taught them necessary non-technical skills, i.e., soft skills to succeed in corporate America.  That's the kind of grown woman who wants to be a DCC.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy this show.  Judy seems a bit colder than Kelly, IMO.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

Why?

It’s a HUGE Resume Bullet Point.

Saying you’re a Dallas Cowboy’s Cheerleader (not just any 

professional cheerleader for any team) opens many, many doors. 

Are you serious?   I'm almost afraid to ask .... what "doors" could being a cheerleader (Dallas or otherwise) open?  

Honored Contributor

I think one of the requirements for being a cheerleader is you have to have a full time job.