Honored Contributor

Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders - Making the Team and Racing Wives Premier

[ Edited ]

DCC will start another season this Friday, August 2 at 9:00 on CMT.  I believe this is Season 14 for this show.

A new reality show called Racing Wives will also premier this Friday at 10:00 p.m. on CMT.  It follows the wives of some big names in NASCAR.  It was originally slated to begin in January, 2019 and then it was postponed.   

Respected Contributor

Re: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders - Making the Team and Racing Wives Premier

I watched DCC for the first time last season, and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it...I was hooked! What those young women go through to make the team is pretty intense. I think I was most surprised at those who come back year after year to try out. Don't think I could put myself through all that if I didn't make it the first time!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks @Lipstickdiva 

I watch it every year and yet I just can't believe how hard/cold they can be with those young ladies.  When Kelly & Judy call them in to kick them out they never even have a box of tissues for them and we all know since their dream is about to be pulled away there will be emotion involved for the candidate.  A little kindness would go a long way, but no...they just leave them with tears streaming down the face.  Kitty the dance studio owner is another one with no sense of kindness.  And the owner's daughter Charlotte is right out of central casting for someone who is highflautin hoity-toity better than everyone else.  Whether you are a man or a woman you can get the job done in business and still have a heart.  The female leadership on this show strikes me as hard, cold and uncaring - not a group in my mind that sets a good leadership example for the young ladies they lead.  But I still watch.  It is fun to watch how hard these young ladies are willing to work to fulfill their dream and also how they help each other and come together as a true team. 

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

I have this on my calendar, can’t wait!  I’ve never missed an episode. 

And thanks for the info info on Racing Wives. I’ll watch that also.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

DCC will start another season this Friday, August 2 at 9:00 on CMT.  I believe this is Season 14 for this show.

A new reality show called Racing Wives will also premier this Friday at 10:00 p.m. on CMT.  It follows the wives of some big names in NASCAR.  It was originally slated to begin in January, 2019 and then it was postponed.   

Thanks for letting me know.  I didn't like last season as much as previous ones (seemed a little short) but will watch it anyway.  I hardly watch CMT so glad someone posted about it.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Thanks for letting me know.  I didn't like last season as much as previous ones (seemed a little short) but will watch it anyway.  I hardly watch CMT so glad someone posted about it.

@SWEET, I rarely watch CMT either but happened to be watching The Devil Wears Prada last night when these previews came on.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

Wow ....   I am also shocked.   What would ever possess a grown woman to want to be a cheerleader?   Isn't this the group that makes minimum wage?    

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SWEET, I rarely watch CMT either but happened to be watching The Devil Wears Prada last night when these previews came on.

I'm glad you did. I always remember it starts in August and didn't google it yet.  I love that movie just as much as I loved the book which is unusual!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

Wow ....   I am also shocked.   What would ever possess a grown woman to want to be a cheerleader?   Isn't this the group that makes minimum wage?    

@Tinkrbl44, I know they make very little.  It's like $150.00 a game max and they spend just about all day at a game between the time they have to get there and rehearse first, do hair and make-up and then the game itself.  I don't think they get paid for any of their personal appearances either.    

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched this for quite awhile but am I the only one who has wondered if they are able to wear anything under those short short shots? LOL A thong I think would be the only thing that wouldn't show!