Trusted Contributor

Re: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders - Making the Team and Racing Wives Premier

I do think Victoria is better than last year, and maybe a bit more mature, but I am also sure it was due to the legacy thing, PLUS her mother is Kelli's best friend, and I read there were a lot of hard feelings last year, so she is a given. I so agree with you that her mother was embarassing to watch and I felt bad for Victoria. And, of all the rookies, she is not one I would have put on show group. There are so many pictures where they show the group and she is facing the opposite way or her body is completely different from the rest. I guess Kelly really had to make amends to her friend!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

About Victoria, seems that making the DCC at all was adequate to make amends to mommy dearest. Putting her in show group was above and beyond. I guess I simply don't care for her or for her 'look', which just seems harsh and artificial and, more to the point, I feel certain there are better dancers and others that would have been more deserving. When it gets down to it, those is show group are the only ones to really get any perks. The others cheer the home games for meager pay and that's really about it. The show group women get a certain amount of travel and exposure the others don't enjoy. And yes, as for Victoria's mother, embarrassing. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

What a strange season - all this attention on a few rookies - Meredith, Kat and Victoria.

I don't get the beauty aspect of Meredith - she's attractive, but that's it.  To me, Victoria's teeth are too big for her face.

I seem to remember that in past seasons, the team members did dance solos with Miss Kitty as a judge of their dance techniques.  Whatever happend to that segment and to Miss Kitty?  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Houstonoilers, there have been a lot of things that we have seen in the past that aren't on this time - especially things like Kitty working with the training candidates. She seemed to have a lot of influence, so maybe they decided to try the guest choreographers and their voting stickers this year. That doesn't seem to be anything valid, since none of the choreographers picked Meredith, and we see how Kelly takes that feedback.

We also usually see the calendar shoot, which we haven't. I think the whole season is off, and as many of us have mentioned, they have been dancing and in public for weeks and we don't see the big reveal episode until next week. It's a little late for that. I hope they can fix this, because this show has always been one of my guilty pleasures.

And, I agree that Victoria's veneers are WAY too big!

Honored Contributor

I suspect those large and in charge of the changes to this show decided the guest dancers would make the show more relevant than did Kitty and some of the other things they gave short shrift... They'd be wrong, but how many shows have we seen tampered with to 'improve' them only to see them fall flat...

Honored Contributor

There were a lot of changes to how the show rolls out this year and other changes, probably more subtle, to the 'casting'. I think the panel  they put together to pick the show group was also quite different. I suspect that at the end of the day, other than those girls 'mandated' from on high to make the team and the show group, Kelli (and to a lesser extent, Judy) make the calls, no matter what the panels and guest dancers think... I would guess their feedback in only important when Kelli is on the fence about someone.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm pretty sure I complained earlier in the thread.  This show is getting way too artificial.  I thought this way back when Malana was brought back into camp and had some major flubs already during try outs.

I think Meredith is gorgeous but I have to say her hair is an absolute mess after she's done for the night.  It looks stringly and greasy.  I also think she is horrible and in years past would have been cut a lot sooner than now but they are keeping her on as part of the drama.  I also think Kat would have been cut but they keep going round and round about both Meredith and Kat. Both of them should have been gone.

I think Julie, the most recent to be cut, was cut because Kelly and Judy didn't care for her.  I think there were issues with her after her media day training and they were looking to get rid of her.  She was a heck of a lot better than Meredith and Kat.  

I think Victoria is very good.  She is heads and tails better than she was last year.  She came back much trimmer and in better shape and she knows the dances and gets them on the first try.  I think she and the other blonde newbie with wavey hair who also made show group are 2 of the best newbies out there.     

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watch every season - it drives me crazy, but I have to watch!  I am no beauty - I will say that right now, out loud for all to hear.  I don't think Meredith is very attractive, like Kelli and Judy seem to be saying about her and how lovely she looks on the field, but sometimes, she is pretty.  It's like that Seinfeld episode where he dated a woman who was gorgeous in certain lighting, but looked like death warmed over in other lighting.  Meredith can go either way.  Don't really like her or Kat.

Honored Contributor

@suziebee1 wrote:

I watch every season - it drives me crazy, but I have to watch!  I am no beauty - I will say that right now, out loud for all to hear.  I don't think Meredith is very attractive, like Kelli and Judy seem to be saying about her and how lovely she looks on the field, but sometimes, she is pretty.  It's like that Seinfeld episode where he dated a woman who was gorgeous in certain lighting, but looked like death warmed over in other lighting.  Meredith can go either way.  Don't really like her or Kat.

@suziebee1, that woman from Seinfeld was Gwen!  ROFLOL   You are right.  Meredith is like Gwen.  LOL 

Honored Contributor

Thought that finale was as anticlimactic as a finale could be... Also thought that if there were going to be 'alternates' they should have been Kat and Meredith, not Lily... Good that they all got to dance for the first game. Wonder how it pans out over the course of a season. You'd think that with so many women there would often be one who couldn't dance for one reason or another. Then again, each team probably averages only a dozen or so home games.