Honored Contributor

This is a new series on Prime Video, three episodes available. It is done in a documentary style, starring Riley Keough, Sam Claflin, Camila Morrone, and Suki Waterhouse, I am only one episode in and LOVE it! "Based on the New York Times best-selling novel, Daisy Jones & The Six follows the story of a 1970s band fronted by two feuding yet charismatic lead singers, Daisy Jones and Billy Dunne. Set to the soundtrack of original music, this is the story of how this iconic band imploded at the height of its powers".

Frequent Contributor

@Jordan2  Thank you for your perspective on the show.  I bought the book in an airport bookstore on a whim because I mistakenly believed from the pic on the cover that it had something to do with Stevie Nicks.  I was kind of rushing through looking for something to read on my flight and wasn't fully paying attention.

Anyway, the book was... an interesting read.  It was written in the format of a script which became tedious for me after a few pages.  From pp. 29-30:

Karen:  A few weeks after I joined the band, I said, "We need a new name."

Eddie:  I'd been saying we needed a new name.

Billy:  We had a following with that name.  I didn't want to change it.

Warren:  We couldn't decide what to call ourselves.

So good to know the series is so good.

Esteemed Contributor
I’m very excited about this series and can’t decide if I’m happy or sad that episodes come out weekly vs being able to binge all at once!

Was only able to see the first episode last night, but look forward to finishing the next two tonight.
Regular Contributor

I am loving this show!!!
I can't wait for the next episode to drop.

very well done and interesting.

Honored Contributor

I like it!  I saw it last night.  I only went to the show because of Suki Waterhouse.  She was great!  (my sister met her a month ago, when she went to her concert) All of the actors were good! 

Honored Contributor

The book was my favorite read for the year it came out.  Tara is wonderful.  I hope the series does well.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

I've really been enjoying DJ & 6. 🎬

I miss the 70s and may I just repeat that i lived through the era of the best music EVER and am quite grateful. Sadly, we are losing our artists daily 😭😭. 

Dee. 🌀🌀

Honored Contributor

@deedledeedeedle I'm really enjoying the show too.

Honored Contributor

I watched the last two episodes yesterday, the ending was both sad and sweet at the same time, and was satisfying. 

Esteemed Contributor

Omigoodness, I loved this series. I eagerly watched the final two episodes last night and they were wonderful. I never read the book so I had no expectations and I must say I was not disappointed. I absolutely loved it and wished for more. The ending twist was very bittersweet but also very satisfying.

I only watched the show to begin with because I wanted to see Riley Keough. I really wish her poor mother and grandfather could have seen the success this series is having.

Riley absolutely blew me away. I could not take my eyes off her whenever she was onscreen. Her acting and singing are phenominal, she is obviously ultra talented and she is a worthy scion of Elvis. I could see him in her smile and obviously, she looks a lot like Lisa Marie. They would be so proud.

Sam Claflin was wonderful as the tortured Billy. His longing for Daisy jumped off the screen, yet I had no trouble believing he really did love the long suffering Camilla.

The rest of the cast was wonderful also. I enjoyed all of them and their stories. And any time I can spend watching Timothy  Olyphant is time well spent. He makes any scene better just by standing there. 

The concert scenes, the dialog, the costumes, the hair and makeup, the soundtrack all effectively evoked the 70's for me, it really took me back in a good way. 

I hope there wlll be some Emmys, SAGs, and other awards for this show next season. 

Two thumbs up from me!  ❤️