Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 I’m watching. It’s really interesting. I can totally see how he just blended in. You just never really know another person’s thoughts. Thank goodness that most aren’t like dahmer! Really interesting program, though.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow,   She would not let anyone hold him when he was a baby and apparently she avoided it too.  I don't call that normal behavior.

That is so sick --- I would even call that child abuse, no question.

She must've been a very disturbed person.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 Sounds very interesting! I wonder if they will at some time repeat this....I will watch for it...... 

Honored Contributor

I'm watching on DVR and his mother has many issues that she took 27 pills per day while she was pregnant with him. That can't be a good thing.

Honored Contributor

What I question is why because he knew what he was doing was wrong did he not seek medical advice for his urges?  How could his mother and father leave him alone in the house after they divorced?  They just left him and went their separate ways.  

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

What I question is why because he knew what he was doing was wrong did he not seek medical advice for his urges?  How could his mother and father leave him alone in the house after they divorced?  They just left him and went their separate ways.  

I found that really sad. They battled over custody of his younger brother, but just left him alone to fend for himself because he was 18.

Honored Contributor

I watched both parts of this two-episode piece.   While much of it was stuff we all probably already knew and interview pieces we've already seen over the years, I don't recall knowing much of anything about his childhood so that was a bit interesting.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Dahmer Anyone Watching?

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1    there is an interview with both parents on YouTube. it was in the '90s.  Stone Phillips NBC interviewed them. it was before Dahmer was murdered.  the Mother was very very defensive and denied what the father stated about her fits and seizures and being on heavy drugs when pregnant (Morphine and Barbiturates)  she had an attorney with her and planned to write a book.

the mother spent time twice  in a psychiatric hospital . the first time she checked out after 3 days, 2nd time she was there for a month

The father was interviewed alone and with son too. Very wierd interview

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline,   I found it strange that he thought (Dahmer) that he had a normal childhood (far from it).  He could have turned to alcohol to stop the voices in his head (that's what I ponder).  In any event it is very sad and sick.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: Dahmer Anyone Watching?

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow,   She would not let anyone hold him when he was a baby and apparently she avoided it too.  I don't call that normal behavior.

No doubt empathy was missing from Dahmer's life as an infant and young child; could have been born predisposed, but seemed he was basically neglected which contributed to creating a psychopath...