Honored Contributor

I just watched this documentary directed by Bryce Dallas Howard. I liked it, it was both touching and sweet, it did make me a little sad, it had me remembering my on father who is deceased. Bryce interviews celebrity dads and your everyday regular dads. I love seeing a man so involved in the raising of their children, who are there for them and would lay down their lives for them. My father was from a different time, dad's weren't hands on, when my father looked after my siblings and myself ( not too often he wasn't the best at it) he was "babysitting" us. I don't want you to get the wrong idea, I LOVED my dad, he worked so hard to provide for his family, he worked a lot of overtime. He was a books smart man, he loved reading and learning, he always was there to help me with my homework.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   I recently got a free year of Apple TV for buying a new iPhone.  I don't enjoy watching TV on my laptop, so today I ordered a Fire Stick so that I could watch Apple TV.  I have two smart TV's, but I must have bought them before Apple TV was available.  I will put this documentary on my list of shows to watch.  Your dad sounds a lot like mine was.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack I also got AppleTV free for a year, the year is up in November, I won't pay for it. I'll tell you what I watched, The Morning Show, Servant. See, Home Before Dark, Amazing Stories, and Defending Jacob. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@NickNack I also got AppleTV free for a year, the year is up in November, I won't pay for it. I'll tell you what I watched, The Morning Show, Servant. See, Home Before Dark, Amazing Stories, and Defending Jacob. 

@Jordan2   The Morning Show is what I really want to watch.  I'll keep in mind the others that you mentioned, too.  

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2   The Morning Show is what I really want to watch.  I'll keep in mind the others that you mentioned, too.  

@NickNack Defending Jacob was really good, as was Home Before Dark.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Jordan2 .  I've made a note to watch those.

-Henry David Thoreau