Honored Contributor

Has died at 92.  Starred in 9 to 5, Tootsie and a memorable Columbo episode among others.  RIP.

Honored Contributor

Enjoyed him in everything he appeared in.

Honored Contributor

I remember seeing him in a lot of movies. It seems he was everywhere in the 70's and 80's. He was a great character actor, who could play funny and serious. 

Trusted Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Has died at 92.  Starred in 9 to 5, Tootsie and a memorable Columbo episode among others.  RIP.

I'm so sorry to read this. He and his wife were my favorites for many decades. Do any of you remember both of them on Little House on the Prairie from decades ago. I believe his wife was the postmistress on the show who married Michael landon's friend.

Dabney coleman may you rest in peace.

My sympathy to his dear wife.

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 He was a mainstay in numerous movies and shows back in the day.    Always enjoyed his skills and presence on screen,  may he rest in peace.

Respected Contributor

@AlsaceGal wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

I'm so sorry to read this. He and his wife were my favorites for many decades. Do any of you remember both of them on Little House on the Prairie from decades ago. I believe his wife was the postmistress on the show who married Michael landon's friend.

I don't remember him being on little house on the prairie, I looked at his IMDB and it doesn't show there either, of course it could be wrong. He was sure a busy actor! What part did he play on little house?

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 - Sorry to hear it.  He was very good in that Columbo episode.

@AlsaceGal - Dabney Coleman wasn't on Little House.  I remember the female character that married ML's friend Mr. Edwards.  I think her name was Bonnie Bartlett.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dabney Coleman

[ Edited ]

@AlsaceGal wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

A quick google search shows Little Houses' postmistress actor Bonnie Barkett is ( still) married to William Daniels ( never Dabney Coleman)

Dabney Coleman was married twice, divorced from the last one in 1984.

Anyway, loved him in Boardwalk Empire.

Honored Contributor

Dabney Coleman, 9 To 5 And Tootsie Actor, Dead At 92

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

He was also in the film You've Got Mail as Tom Hanks' father.

He has been in show business a long time. He was in some epis of The Fugitive (1963-1967) as a bit player and I didn't recognize him watching the reruns until I saw him credited at the end, because he had no mustache then and looked soooo young.  I liked him in everything he was in, may he R.I.P.