Trusted Contributor

Love Jesse Metcalf

Esteemed Contributor

This lineup sounds like a real zoo, literally, lol.  Perfect!  Could be fun.  I think i might watch this time.  🤗

Trusted Contributor

I agree with others about Artem needing a paycheck to support family.  Here is another thought though; he definitely needs to protect his child against a possible Covid infection he may get from contact with the others on show.  Until show starts, really do not know all details of how participants are protected.  They cannot keep dancing partners at a safe distance while dancing.  Looking forward to seeing how things are done.

I truly hope that all will stay well, so please do not misunderstand my statement about Artem.

Respected Contributor

As soon as they announced that the show will be Tyra Banks, Tyra Banks, and more Tyra Banks, I decided not to watch!

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 In a way I understand what you are saying 

"I was going to say the exact same thing! Let's face it, this show is for people that are looking to jump start their careers. Anyone who is doing well career wise doesn't need the show."

The celebrities may not be THE hottest at the moment, but they are people that have had some success & I don't see anything wrong with having them on the show. Giving them another chance to do a new thing.

I have really enjoyed some of the stars that I didn't know much about until I watched them on DWTS.

It's a tv show. For light entertainment.

Super Contributor

I have watched every season but will not this year. It has gone down hill and now the commercials are not about the dancers as much as it features the new host who then stands there and poses as if she is the center of attention.

I stopped watching AGT when she was hosting, and now she has jumped to DWTS. A new low.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to love this show.  But, Disney went into overload with casting.  It's always the same; former Olympian,  former athlete, Disney channel someone, boy or girl band singer, someone controversial,  etc.  As for the new host, well her commercials are enough.  PBS has better programming. 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I have watched since the beginning, but decided even before they fired Tom and Erin that I would not be watching. Just tired of it, and sick of the voting system, and then after Tom and Erin were let go, I knew for sure I would not be watching. I am just plain and simply tired of this show! I will watch 911 on Monday nights-love that show!  

@CANDLEQUEEN 

That's a real head scratcher.   Why were they let go, and what could Tyra Banks possibly bring to the table to replace them both?   And I've never heard of most of those "stars".  Well, maybe the ratings are high enough that they just keep bringing it back.   And who are the judges going to be?  Will we recognize anyone?  Sounds like this one will be a real snooze.  

Honored Contributor

I only recognize 3 names.  Johnny Weir should be entertaining--- I will watch just to see his outfits if for nothing else!!  However, I am not impressed with the rest of the crew.  I don't hate Tira, as I thought she did a good jog on AGT, but I don't think it will be the same without Tom!  I never did like Erin, so I won't miss her at all.  This used to be one my very favorite shows and my mother and I would chat about it because she loved it, too.  Now -- not so much.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I have watched since the beginning, but decided even before they fired Tom and Erin that I would not be watching. Just tired of it, and sick of the voting system, and then after Tom and Erin were let go, I knew for sure I would not be watching. I am just plain and simply tired of this show! I will watch 911 on Monday nights-love that show!  

@CANDLEQUEEN 

That's a real head scratcher.   Why were they let go, and what could Tyra Banks possibly bring to the table to replace them both?   And I've never heard of most of those "stars".  Well, maybe the ratings are high enough that they just keep bringing it back.   And who are the judges going to be?  Will we recognize anyone?  Sounds like this one will be a real snooze.  

@Tinkrbl44 I am not sure what the producers were thinking letting go of Tom and Erin, but I think they maybe wanted to try to appeal to a younger crowd, maybe? I only recognize maybe 3 of the "stars"...Anne, Johnny and Jesse....I think the judges will remain the same, I haven't heard anything about replacing them........I am just no longer interested....They also need to really think about changing up their voting system as well.....Maybe they will make these changes, I also heard that Tyra is a producer of the show as well as the host! I may check in from time to time just to see what it is like but won't watch the entire season!