Valued Contributor

Well that is time none of you will ever get back - why not watch something of value - say, for example, a show on PBS, where you might actually learn something?

Honored Contributor

I thought it was absolutely terrible.  Tyra Banks can ruin any show. I didn't care for her on AGT.  I miss Tom with his funny sense of humor he made the show and I really didn't notice until he was gone.  I bet the ratings are not going to be good and either the show cancels or they gravel and ask Tom back.

Respected Contributor

I don't miss Erin--I used to DVR the show just so I could fast forward through her stupid post dance interviews.  The pace was definitely faster because of that and no audience.  I just don't think Tyra Banks was a good choice.  They should have just kept Tom.  He's at least personable.

I thought the scores were exceptionally low last night, but I get that the dancers need to have some place to go.  I thought Chrishell's dance was WAY too fast for a beginner--that's why she was falling out of her turns.   As a beginning ballroom dancer, I know exactly what she is going through.  It's difficult to dance in heels--even if you are used to wearing them.

Nev was probably my favorite of the night--he had so much joy.

And I have to say--one of the pros that I was taking lessons from--I think he was trying to be Johnny Weir.  Just the things Johnny was saying, I was all--I've heard this nonsense before.

With Tyra hosting--this may be the last season for the show.

Honored Contributor

@coco14 wrote:

Well that is time none of you will ever get back - why not watch something of value - say, for example, a show on PBS, where you might actually learn something?

Because sometimes you just need mindless television, maybe that's why...

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't hate it. It was ok. Tyra talks to fast and she seems to have to much attitude.  Like she's all that and a bag of chips. I watched it for Johnny Wier because I want to see his outfits. And I liked Bruno's new do.

Trusted Contributor

Overall, I enjoyed the show!! Yes, I did roll my eyes when Tyra started the show with her catwalk strut and pose ...but I was a big Tom fan so I don't think I would 100% love anyone who takes that job. 

There were several dancers who did really well on their 1st show! I'm curious if this season will be better due to no live audience? Wouldn't it be less nerves when dancing without a huge crowd watching? I do hope they turn down the fake audience boos and cheering. That didn't add any value. I did think they did a good job with the fun lights that took over the audience space so it didn't look like a huge empty space. 

Derek did a good job 1st night of judging but I looooooved seeing Len even if it was just a couple minutes taped comments. 

Anyone else shocked they paired Johnny Weir with a brand new pro?? It seemed other seasons they would put the "bigger name" dancers with seasoned pros. But I guess we're down 2 pros since they're pregnant. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: DWTS premier 09/14/2020

[ Edited ]

I watched the entire show.  I think Tyra may have been nervous because it was her first time on the show.  There was definitely way too much in a 2 hour show (15 introductions and dances which were short).

Honestly I could not follow what Tyra said.  She spoke fast and the background noise drowned her voice out.  Perhaps she will improve when there is more time with less contestants as eliminations occur.  Unfortunately she does not seem to know what to say.  It has to come naturally, and it did with Tom Bergeron.

I think Anne Heche looked her best with short hairstyle years ago.  She has that very small face and sort of wavy hair.

I enjoyed some performances and always enjoy ballroom dancing.  I thought Justina did a good job on her dance, but needs some posture training.  She has potential.  I liked her on ER series as a police officer and love interested of the redheaded doctor.

I will continue to watch and see what happens.

Respected Contributor

@coco14, you're too funny. To answer your question, for me television is often background noise and mindless entertainment. It's a means of decompressing.

You must realize reading this thread, on a TV shopping channel's message board, is time you'll never get back. How does it feel to muck around with the rest of us rather than reading something of value where, you know, you might actually learn something?

Esteemed Contributor

Tyra was Tyra as she is in everything IMO.    I did enjoy the show overall though.  I always DVR so I can FF through all the chitchat and theatrics.

Respected Contributor

Comments On “Comments”: An “06880” Plea | 06880