Honored Contributor

DD and I turned it on late to see Jesse Metcalf and Johnny. I used to DVR it and watch all of the time. But I just wasn't as into it the last couple of years - IMO it became more of a popularity contest.

So we tuned in just in time to see Johnny, but we missed Jesse. 

I'm not a Tyra fan, and I don't like the "canned" applause and boos. Tyra was supposed to bring something different. I haven't seen that yet. 

Like a lot of others I miss Tom and Erin. They do a much better job and IMO have more personality. They're both just more fun to watch, and I always enjoyed Tom's teasing the dancers and judges.  Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

I'm normally not this way but after watch DWTS for many years, them dumping Tom/Erin made my decision.

Not watching......

Why do places have to mess with what is WORKING WELL????

Esteemed Contributor

Did not miss Erin and her interviews before the scores. That was

always a waste of time. Tyra is obnoxious and how is that 

bringing something new, its something not needed. What's 

with the crazy wild hair? Usual mess.

It was o.k. I wasn't sure I would watch it, but not much else on.

Carole Baskin barely moved, Bruno's 3 was too high for that.

Respected Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

I tuned in just to watch Johnny Weir .....

Same with me here. I love Johnny and cannot believe they gave him 6 for Cha cha.

I do not feel his partner though, they have no chemistry.

Trusted Contributor

Didn't love Tyra, but there were a lot of good dancers, not too many really bad ones.  The scoring was bad.  Johnny did better than 6's.  I always feel like they shouldn't score them the first night.  

I am in,  not much else is on these days,

Respected Contributor

I love to dance and I am a dancing show fan.  I watch all the different shows!  I have even watched the professional dance championships a few times when PBS used to show them.

I would never miss a dance show, and I put the judges and hosts at a lower level than the performers.

Tyra is doing a great job as a solo host managing everything in the time of no audiences and a different judging panel.  She is refreshing because she has her own fun personal style, and she knows how to keep the show moving quickly.  It is also important and good to have diversity represented on this show.

I will be watching every week and already have a few favorite dancers!

Honored Contributor

I watched about half of it. I didn't care for Tyra as the host at all. I don't think she's funny or at all knowledgeable.

I think it was a big mistake to get rid of Tom and Erin. They were much more professional and humorous. 

I thought Tyra looked like Wendy Williams tonight...not at all impressed. 

Contributor

I did DVR it, but mostly fast fwd.  this year it is dreadful.  Tara Is not a good host.  Will not be watching this year.  I for a couple of years now I fast fwd to the end to see who gets eliminated.

Valued Contributor

Absolutely terrible no chemistry with the judges, her voice inflection was horrible, she didn't look her best, I only checked in now and then to see how it was going. Very disappointed that Tom and Erin are no longer there. His quick wit was a great thing. Somehow good things always get ruined. Should have just left it alone. I've always watched every season and thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end. Well guess I sure can check that off my list

Respected Contributor

I'm watching this now. I really wanted to like Tyra. I even admit that America's Next Top Model became a guilty pleasure. But she was in her element hosting that show. Dancing With the Stars not so much. 

The nicest thing I can say is that she doesn't add anything positive to the show.