Esteemed Contributor

@coco14 wrote:

Well that is time none of you will ever get back - why not watch something of value - say, for example, a show on PBS, where you might actually learn something?

Because I didn't want to watch PBS.  Did you watch DWTS?   If not, why would you possibly want to come on the DWTS thread to criticize those who do.  That is time you will never get back.  Why don't you read another thread, where you might actually learn something?  Just sayin'.

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

@coco14, you're too funny. To answer your question, for me television is often background noise and mindless entertainment. It's a means of decompressing.

You must realize reading this thread, on a TV shopping channel's message board, is time you'll never get back. How does it feel to muck around with the rest of us rather than reading something of value where, you know, you might actually learn something?

@Etoile308  All her posts are mean. I don't know why the mods allow it.

Respected Contributor

@coco14 wrote:

Well that is time none of you will ever get back - why not watch something of value - say, for example, a show on PBS, where you might actually learn something?

Well .. for your information .. after I watched Johnny .. I switch over to The

Smithoian Channel and watch a program about Henry the 8th and after

that Peter the Great and the founding of ST. Petersburg ..... before that ...

I watched the Olympic Channel .. trampoline and tumbling competition ....

I get the good stuff in too .....

Respected Contributor

AND I ALSO READ WHILE THE TV IS ON ....

Respected Contributor

JUST SAYIN !!!!!

Respected Contributor

I did think Anne Heche looked a little tattered .....don't know where that 

word came from .. it just popped into my head ......

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I watched the first hr and then gave up. Missed Tom B as host. I didn't know 90 % of the celebrity dancers! It must be getting more difficult for them to get big name celebrities.

Honored Contributor

I watched mainly to see Nev  and Johnny.....wow!

Nev, looked so like Fred Astaire dancingHeart completely different from Nev  on his Catfish  show!!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

Most of these dances are "showcase" routines, so the time is around 1 minute 15 seconds (I'm sure they do this for time at the  beginning of the season because there are so many couples).  As we progress through the season, the routines will get longer.  When you compete, they play a little over a minute  of music for each style and let me tell you--it feels like DAYS by the time you are finished with a competition!!

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@coco14 wrote:

Because sometimes you just need mindless television, maybe that's why...

@CelticCrafter exactly. I'm working all day and need to 'breathe' a bit!