Honored Contributor

Drew doesn't deserve to be in the finale. As for Victoria she of course is disappointed, but she should feel proud of herself. She took the loss hard, I wonder if she thought she could win?

Esteemed Contributor
@Bri36
This is crazy. It is all a popularity contest.
Drew is poor compared to many that have already been let go.
Trusted Contributor

I hope Jordan beats Drew in the finales. Frankie is my fave, but think Jordan will win --unless Drew's fan base is bigger. I hope not!

Trusted Contributor

@threecees I really do not know how they calculate the scoring.  I know it is a mix of the judges scores and the fan scores but how do they come up with a total?  Maybe if the judges scored Drew where he belongs he would be gone by now.  Giving him 8's yesterday was ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

@chlema You are right. It is a combination of the judges scores and the fans that call

in. Tom never reveals anything more.

Drew and his brother are all over t.v. right now.  I really think more people tune in if they know the dancers. But they put so many "stars" on the show that the majority of viewers do not know, that I think it comes down to popularity. 

Trusted Contributor

@threecees So I wonder if, for example, Drew gets 5,000 call-in votes and the judges give him three 8's, does that mean he gets 5,024?  If that's the case why bother with the judges scores?  Going by that it's really just a popularity contest.

Honored Contributor

@chlema wrote:

@threecees So I wonder if, for example, Drew gets 5,000 call-in votes and the judges give him three 8's, does that mean he gets 5,024?  If that's the case why bother with the judges scores?  Going by that it's really just a popularity contest.

@chlema  I think they've always said that the judges scores count half.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack Thanks for the info, do not remember hearing that.  In that case they need to score him much lower lol.

Honored Contributor

@chlema wrote:

@NickNack Thanks for the info, do not remember hearing that.  In that case they need to score him much lower lol.

@chlema  I just Googled this to make sure I was right, and it sounds like I am.  Here is one of the articles I found.  https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Voting-Dancing-with-the-Stars

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I'm always surprised how the judges can be critical, you think the couple will get maybe 7's or 8's, then they get 9's! I really feel the judges hold Jordan to a higher standard than the others sometimes being hard on him with their criticism, I think they expect more of him. Drew to me has been skating by all these weeks. If he by some chance wins (god forbid) I'll feel this season was a waste of my time. I'm on team Jordan and Lindsay!