Honored Contributor

Re: DWTS-Who is going home??

@LilacTree  If she were 66 she would have been 13 the first time she got married.  I believe she's 76 or 77.  The date that's on her Passport is on Wikipedia.  They said she's changed her birth date several times.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@LilacTree  If she were 66 she would have been 13 the first time she got married.  I believe she's 76 or 77.  The date that's on her Passport is on Wikipedia.  They said she's changed her birth date several times.

@NickNack

I googled it . . . so Google is wrong.  I thought so myself, how could she be that young?  She already looked old when she was Xavier Cougat's wife!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I think it doesn't make sense to talk about how 'over the top she is'.  That's why she's on the show!  She was picked to be on the show for this reason....they wanted to breathe some life into this show...it was getting boring!

Come on!  I've been watching her since she first came on TV (I'm 70 years old).  Every time I watch her my heart starts going faster and I find myself laughing because it's all for show.  It's always been all for show.  I think it's funny and it's meant to be funny.

We talk about this every season.  There are people (usually old(er) people who are the first to go.  They have to eliminate someone every week.  These are the sacrifices until we get down to the good dancers.  That's the way it works.  We all know that.

Until she gets kicked off, I'll sit and watch Charo and remember my late husband sitting next to me laughing like crazy at her antics on Johnny Carson and other late night shows.  That's what she does.

I wish they'd put what she says on the screen because long after she's off the screen I'm trying to figure out what she's said.  Oh!  Well!  I guess it doesn't matter anyway, it probably doesn't make sense.  Ha!

At 70 (with both of my knees blown and my back totally gone) I wish I could do just on hoochie she does....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

I agree she's over the top, but that's always been her shtick. The comment to Bruno was just  part of the fake feud between them. He didn't take it seriously as we saw when he answered her in another language...was it Italian? I know she said "see you next week" in Italian.

Emma and her partner were beautiful together, and I'm not about sure about Bonner Bolton's personality, but he sure is adorable.

The guy who filled in for Maks was great! Nancy Kerrigan is always the lady and so gracious. 

@SusieQ_2  Yes, I remember when Charo was a guest on Merv Griffin, etc.,, but last night she just wouldn't stop, too much.  She certainly keeps things lively there though.

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree  You and I are the same age, and I'm still dancing and more.  I bet you are also.  You are only as old as you feel.  She Charo is more than 66.  I was a young girl when she was with the old man bandleader. coga,sp?

Esteemed Contributor

I was hoping it would be Charro, but no such luck. She was absolutely obnoxious and is the cause of them running out of time before they could talk more to Chris Katan. 

Honored Contributor

As someone who suffers back problems when I saw Chris' back it was unbelievable!  I have pins in my neck and am careful with it.

Every time he'd be out there on the dance floor I held my breath.  I'm surprised he got the OK to dance from the legal people!  

It's unbelievable what he has down his back.  It's wonderful he even tried to dance like that!  I think he wanted to revive his career, maybe?  I don't know.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@LilacTree  You and I are the same age, and I'm still dancing and more.  I bet you are also.  You are only as old as you feel.  She Charo is more than 66.  I was a young girl when she was with the old man bandleader. coga,sp?

@qvcaddition

Xavier Cougat . . . very famous back in the day.

And I used to be a good dancer, but unfortunately RA and back issues have taken that away.  If I am as old as I feel, then I'm 100.  LOL!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I think it doesn't make sense to talk about how 'over the top she is'.  That's why she's on the show!  She was picked to be on the show for this reason....they wanted to breathe some life into this show...it was getting boring!

Come on!  I've been watching her since she first came on TV (I'm 70 years old).  Every time I watch her my heart starts going faster and I find myself laughing because it's all for show.  It's always been all for show.  I think it's funny and it's meant to be funny.

We talk about this every season.  There are people (usually old(er) people who are the first to go.  They have to eliminate someone every week.  These are the sacrifices until we get down to the good dancers.  That's the way it works.  We all know that.

Until she gets kicked off, I'll sit and watch Charo and remember my late husband sitting next to me laughing like crazy at her antics on Johnny Carson and other late night shows.  That's what she does.

I wish they'd put what she says on the screen because long after she's off the screen I'm trying to figure out what she's said.  Oh!  Well!  I guess it doesn't matter anyway, it probably doesn't make sense.  Ha!

At 70 (with both of my knees blown and my back totally gone) I wish I could do just on hoochie she does....

@Annabellethecat66

I haven't read all of the responses but I want to chime in about Charo!  I love her!  She is delightfully funny and campy!  This is what she does.  She is not serious when she is making all those comments to the judges --- that is her way of being funny and silly.  I love it and I think she brings a lot of fun to the competition!  I wish I had even a third of her energy!  I have to say that I was saying the same thing about her age!  My husband and I were talking about her age --- supposedly 66 -- and I told him -- that would make her only a bit older than me.  That can't be possible.  I watched her ages and ages ago on those old talks shows and she would be talking about Xavier Cougat (sp).  She has to have altered her age drastically!  But in any event --- she still looks great and has the energy of someone in their 20's!  I felt bad that people obviously took her comments seriously -- I guess they don't get her!  LOL.  I hope she does not get eliminated for awhile --- she is a lot fun! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think with Charro, you either like her or loathe her. There doesn't seem to be an in between. I have never found her funny or entertaining. She's always been a silly, ridiculous woman. She is, however, as I've mentioned before, a talented classical guitarist, a talent that she rarely showed off to people, unfortunately.