Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

I really think the top two celebrities--Rashad & David--were what this show should be about...taking completely untrained dancers and watching them improve week by week. NOT gymnasts and others with some dance training, who already have experience performing in front of crowds & cameras. The fans who voted seemed to think that, too!

@vermint

I agree with you 100%!  I am for the ones who don't have dance training.  My favorite was David.  But I didn't figure he would win --- but he came pretty darn close.  He, of course, was not the best technical dancer, but, boy, he tried --- and he really exhibited a great attitude and I just loved the personality he showed!!!  I was happy with the results, too!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

This is the first season that I would have been happy with any one of the three to win.  They all seem like great hard working people.  They did say Rashad worked 100 more rehearsal hours than the rest.  He was determined and admire that.

Esteemed Contributor

In my opinion, none of the winners throughout the history of the show have EVER had any ballroom dance experience, and besides that, you can take a group of contestants who have never danced a day in their lives, and no two will be equal in their abilities, grace, coordination, etc. If the show eliminated anyone who has any ability whatsoever, it would have gone off the air long ago. I refuse to watch a show made up of nothing but flat footed, clumsy, uncoordinated  contestants whose talent is being "nice" and "full of heart." It's about how far any of them can push themselves to excel. It's also about love of dance.  Why should agile, graceful people with rhythm be eliminated from competition? There will NEVER be any group of contestants who are perfectly matched....period.

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN I just loved Rashad. What a sweetheart and he worked so hard. Emma is precious.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

Anybody a Chicago Fire fan?  I finally watched the season finale last night and there was David!

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

Anybody a Chicago Fire fan?  I finally watched the season finale last night and there was David!

@Wsmom   David was on the CF finale?  What did he do?  I watched the finale but have deleted it from my DVR.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Re: DWTS-The Winner!!!!!

[ Edited ]

@NickNack, when they went to the stadium for the kid to meet the players, he was the guy sweeping.  I had to play it back to be sure it was him.

ETA:  Here you go; scroll down for the video clip.

https://www.fanragsports.com/now/david-ross-makes-cameo-chicago-fire-episode/

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@NickNack, when they went to the stadium for the kid to meet the players, he was the guy sweeping.  I had to play it back to be sure it was him.

ETA:  Here you go; scroll down for the video clip.

https://www.fanragsports.com/now/david-ross-makes-cameo-chicago-fire-episode/

Thanks @Wsmom!  I remember that now!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau