Respected Contributor

@Linmo I did just see that. And, supposedly dancing with Val so that is quite a get for a partner!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: DWTS Sept 2021

[ Edited ]

I saw that Matt James, who was The Bachelor when all the bruhaha happened that got Chris Harrison fired, will also be competing.

(Sorry if that was already posted...I may have missed it.)

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

I haven't watched regularly for several seasons, but just read that Lori Loughlin's daughter Olivia Jade will be part of the cast this season.  I guess she is using her parents' bad publicity as a springboard.

Ugh.  They'll play up her sob story every week.  

Respected Contributor

Have not watched since they fired Tom and Erin and hired Tyra...will NOT watch again...unfortunately I too miss the dancing.  All the drama before show starts is a double turn-off in itself!

Respected Contributor

After reading all of the "so far" contestants, DH and I have no interest.

The ones I am familiar with - forget it.  The others I don't know.

Respected Contributor

I started watching this show from the second season. The last time I watched was when Apolo Anton Ohno won . . .  that was many, many years ago.

I stopped watching because I never knew who half the contestants were. A shame they got rid of Tom and Erin and replaced them with Tyra. UGH!

Anyway, TMZ is reporting that Brian Austin Green will be a contestant. 

Insiders told TMZ Thursday that the Beverly Hills, 90210 star, 48, will be among the celebrity participants on the ballroom reality competition later this month.

Green, who is father to four sons - Kassius, 19, with Vanessa Marcil, 52; and Noah, eight, Bodhi, seven, and Journey, five, with ex-wife Megan Fox, 34 - is currently dating Dancing with the Stars pro Sharna Burgess, 36, though it is not immediately clear who his dance partner on this season will be.

Esteemed Contributor

Vanessa Marcil is 52?  Wow, I never would have thought!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm reading that Amanda Kloots will also be on.  She was a Broadway dancer and one of the Rockettes.

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

I'm reading that Amanda Kloots will also be on.  She was a Broadway dancer and one of the Rockettes.

@Wsmom 

She is so in need of keeping herself and her name out there. 

Honored Contributor

Re: DWTS Sept 2021

[ Edited ]

I've watched every season since season 2.  I've decided not to watch it this year.  I just didn't enjoy Tyra Banks at all last year.  I don't think I would enjoy watching Lori Loughlin's daughter Olivia Jade this year.

Overall, it doesn't matter to me at all if I know who the contestants are before the show.  I've always enjoyed getting to know them during the show.  I just don't like Tyra hosting.  I can't believe they got rid of Tom Bergeron.  I have deleted the show from my DVR listings.  I had it set up to record each season.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau