Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I think Carrie Ann is coming back, but she has not returned to The Talk since March. She took an emotional leave of absence. 

@Shelbelle , I read that Carrie Ann has left The Talk for good but will be staying with DWTS.

@RainCityWoman , JoJo said that she was asked if she would like a male or female partner and she chose the female partner.

Honored Contributor

i will be watching. not a fan of tyra as a host though.

so happy LEN will be back!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

JoJo is trying to jumpstart her fading career. She has been getting tons of publicity so am sure she is going to take it seriously and really wants to win. She is young and energetic so that's a plus, but Suni is a real athlete and I am anxious to see what she can do in this different venue.

Trusted Contributor

I am always surprised when I see it is going to have another season.no one I know ever watches it. Since Bobby Bones was declared the "winner"I knew for certain it was rigged, so haven't felt the same about since.

Honored Contributor

I was surprised to read this morning an article where Tyra Banks is blaming the staff for the snafu last year......saying the wrong couple was being eliminated.

I understand that it probably wasn't her fault, that she did what she was told in the earphones; however, the article kept repeating what she said, that it wasn't her fault, over and over again. Then saying she wanted to cover for the team, etc., but just couldn't take it anymore; or words to that effect.

I guess what I would expect would be that she didn't throw her behind the scenes team under the bus, that she would acknowledge the error and move on. It would have been nice if the OTHER producers (Yes, I know she is one of them) would have cleared her name, not her continually saying it wasn't her fault. A statement could have been made from someone else, clearing her.

I have heard/read of other people in similar situations over the past many years cover for their team, and it only come out years later that it wasn't their fault for whatever mishap happened. 

I am sure there are others who would disagree and I certainly wouldn't want to be blamed for something I didn't do or wasn't my fault. But I so admire people who I find out later were not responsible for whatever it was they were accused of, yet kept their silence in order to cover for their team.

Trusted Contributor

Bo y I guess I am out of it.  I don't know any of those people

Jessa
Respected Contributor

Re: DWTS Sept 2021

[ Edited ]

@Jessa9 wrote:

Bo y I guess I am out of it.  I don't know any of those people

Don't feel alone, I don't know who they are either.  In fact, I probably didn't know who most of them were after the first 10 seasons. 

I think the last time I knew anyone was when they had Cloris Leachman on the show. 

Honored Contributor

After watching from Season 2, I stopped watching when they fired Tom and Erin, and replaced them with Tyra....I will not watch it anymore.......I do miss seeing the dancing though!

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your DWTS post.   At first it got me thinking that I might tune in for the first time in several years.  But when I read the discussion I remembered why I had not watched last season.  Tyra's overhaul was not in the show's best interest.  I hate that Tom is no longer the host.  Also, I miss Derek's dancing and his amazing choreography from years passed.  I don't really care if the contestants ("stars") are unknown to me, so that's not a deal breaker.  But there is not really much of a contest on this show as the network seems to have its thumb on the scale.  

All that being said, I may still watch the season opening.  Then I can make a new list of why not to watch it, LOL.  We can compare notes later. 🎶  ☆⭐︎✰

Respected Contributor

I haven't watched regularly for several seasons, but just read that Lori Loughlin's daughter Olivia Jade will be part of the cast this season.  I guess she is using her parents' bad publicity as a springboard.