Honored Contributor

Re: DWTS Bergeron and Andrews - OUT

Alfonso better watch his back.  Didn't he take over AFV from Tom too?

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia I was trying hard to think of who would be a suitable replacement, and then Ryan Seacrest came to mind. I know it's like comparing apples to oranges, but Ryan is one of the busiest men in show business, and has a very solid fan base. He would not be my first choice, but I can definitely see him being a front-runner for the job.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I quit watching this show a long time ago.  I cannot remember the last season I watched.  I would periodically tune in maybe an episode here and there.  The best part of the show to me was Tom and Len.  I didn't mind Erin either.

I saw it on a crawler this morning that Tom had left but it didn't say anything about Erin.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

I am betting they offer the job to Alponso Ribierio, he did a good job subbing for Tom when he was out do a death in his family. 

@Shelbelle   I thought about Alfonso, too.  He hosts America's Funniest Videos though, and does a great job.  I don't know if he would want two hosting jobs.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I agree with most of the other comments here.  I have also watched the show since the beginning but the last few years were terrible.  They really didn't try and update the show.  I don't think getting rid of Tom and Erin will help.  I don't see it lasting much longer.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I am betting they offer the job to Alponso Ribierio, he did a good job subbing for Tom when he was out do a death in his family. 

@Shelbelle   I thought about Alfonso, too.  He hosts America's Funniest Videos though, and does a great job.  I don't know if he would want two hosting jobs.

Didnt Tom host both of these at the same time too?

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Alfonso better watch his back.  Didn't he take over AFV from Tom too?

@Laura14 I think it is Tom who should watch his back! Is Alfonso stalking Tom, trying to take over his life?!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Two of millions who have lost their job. Not really news.  I thought it was going to be that they had run off together. 😄

I watched the first “season” when it was a summer replacement. It was OK. I haven’t watched (or missed) it since.

Was Erin Andrews doing this and her sports work? Or is she out of sports?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I'm not familiar with Erin, but I'm pretty sure Tom will land on his feet, as he's good at what he does.  I like him.

I tried watching the show in the beginning but what lost it for me was the silly viewer voting bit.   They could make x-number of votes at a time, which is stupid.  But the worst of it was that it just became a popularity contest so, more often than not, the most popular person would win as opposed to the one who did the best.   I like fairness, so this was a deal-breaker for me.

Why even bother to have judges if you are going to allow every bonehead in the country to vote for the 'best' one?   The judges should have been able to fairly choose the tops and bottoms.

Honored Contributor

Time to take the show off the air.