Esteemed Contributor

DWTS Bergeron and Andrews - OUT

[ Edited ]

Google for details.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

Re: DWTS Bergeron and Andrews - OUT

[ Edited ]

I loved the show and have watched from the very beginning, but I think it should be cancelled.  The past few seasons have been very disappointing.  How are they going to practice and do their dance routines with social distancing and probably not have an audience.

Honored Contributor

Read this on Yahoo earlier today. I watched the first few years -- DH couldn't stand it!

I quit watching when all those B and C "celebs" were on. It's long overdue to be gone IMO.

Honored Contributor

sad to hear this, especially regarding tom bergeron.

glad to hear that dwts is staying around.....wonder if they want to bring in someone younger to host?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I can't imagine who they'd get that would be better than Tom Bergeron as a host.  I don't care about them replacing Erin Andrews; I was never a big fan of her style or commentary.

I'd certainly watch it to see what it's like, but it could be the last season I watch.

I don't like the way they seem to spring these "bye" announcements on the cast members.  Always followed by how wonderful they were, how they'll be missed, but "we're moving in a different direction".  From the reactions by the hosts, it always seems like a bolt out of the blue, with no warning.

Well, perhaps a lot of former fans will be moving in a different direction, too.

Honored Contributor

I love Tom and think he is wonderful!  As far as I'm concerned, he was the best part of the whole show!!!  Well, besides Len!!! As far as Ms. Andrews, I never could stand her and her babbling.  So, I don't think it will be hard to replace her!  But Tom?  No way -- he is the best!  As far as the show, I have always watched, but have seen the many changes -- changes to try and get younger viewers watching I am thinking -- but, I much preferred the more traditional numbers and approach they had originally!  I don't even know if I will watch now.  Well, maybe I will - just to see who they have replaced them both with!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I liked Tom as a host. He was pretty good. However he made comments about casting which wasn't his job. His comments did not please half his audience so maybe  the powers to be didn't like losing a large chunk of their audience. Erin is physically attractive but has the personality of a wobbly chair.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

Tom IMO was a great host. Unfortunately when Sean Spicer was one of the guest dancers he made the mistake of letting his political leanings hang out and I think that was the kiss of death for him. As for Erin, she was ok but fans didn't take to her like they did to Brooke.

Honored Contributor

I'm really going to miss him.  I thought he was a great host.  

I liked Erin too.

Honored Contributor

I have watched this show from the beginning and I think I am done.....I don't know who they possibly think can host this better than Tom. He was fantastic! Erin, I don't much care about one way or the other, but Tom I do really like and his humor and quick wit was undeniable.

I think it all stems from him commenting about Sean Spicer last season. Not sure why Erin was also let go unless she voiced her Opinion as well.....

Oh well, I am done, I was slowly losing interest the last couple of seasons anyway, and this just seals the deal for me. I may tune in from time to time just to see how the new host is doing though.

I think this show will go even more downhill and will end up being cancelled soon for sure now!