Regular Contributor

Re: DWTS-1st Couple Announced!

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

The last time I saw her was in a Hallmark Christmas movie.  I don't remember the name but I believe she was in a car accident, got amnesia and ended up with another family.  LOL

@Lipstickdiva.  I don't watch Hallmark movies anymore but...I love that movie you speak of. 'Comfort and Joy'.  I try to watch it every year. Don't know why I like it so much as I find most Hallmark movies to sappy and boring.

@proudlyfromNJ YES!  Thank you.  I just looked it up and that movie is from 2003.  Wow.  I never would have guessed it was from 15 years ago.

Really? 2003? Wow, I watched it last year.  It's a good one Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Jo from Facts of Life dancing with Val. Like him too.

I remember her well as she was always going head to head with Blair.

Too bad it is right after Charlotte Rae passes away and can't watch her.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

The last time I saw her was in a Hallmark Christmas movie.  I don't remember the name but I believe she was in a car accident, got amnesia and ended up with another family.  LOL

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Oh I really like that Christmas movie seen it a couple of times !  I believe it was a lifetime movie .   I like her a lot ,  wish she did more movies.

Honored Contributor

you take the good you take the bad you take them both and there you have.....the facts of life, the facts of life....

i also liked her in THE LAST MAFIA MARRIAGE and A CRY FOR HELP.

wouldnt it be fun if her brother came on the show also? phillip mckeon from ALICE?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

you take the good you take the bad you take them both and there you have.....the facts of life, the facts of life....

wouldnt it be fun if her brother came on the show also? phillip mckeon from ALICE?

I think 'A Cry For Help' is one that I have seen.   IIRC, she played an abused wife who couldn't seem to get anybody to listen to her, and help her, and it was just horrifying.

Honored Contributor

yes @chickenbutt......it was based on a true story.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

Tracey Thurman, true story about a woman from CT.  Nancy was great in that role. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

What a great idea @sunshine45. I would love to see Tommy from Alice dancing.

I was flipping thru channels recently and watched a few minutes of Alice and thought

that I never see him in anything. If they don't get him, they should bring someone

else from Facts of Life on, how about Blair or Natalie? I know Kim Fields, Tootie, was

already on. 

After I posted, I think Lisa Whelchel, Blair, might have already been on DWTS. I

am not completely sure though.

Honored Contributor

@Pixie66 wrote:

Tracey Thurman, true story about a woman from CT.  Nancy was great in that role. 

Yes that is the movie I was thinking about! It was so good, but so hard to watch as well. She was excellent in that movie....I cried so much at the end!!

Regular Contributor

As I recall, Tracey has permanent issues caused by her husband.  I cried as well, I can still see her husband stomping on her head as she lie on the ground.  He is/was a horrible person.  I was young when I saw the movie but I wanted to seriously hurt him, an eye for an eye....