Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

I have a question for those of you who know the show. Was it announced before the that it would be a double elimination? Everyone looked so shocked. Or was it because the two ladies eliminated had exactly the same lowest score and that is why they both went and no one knew that was going to happen? Anyone know.

@wonderfulworld No, it was not announced until the very end that there would be a double elimination! A spooky ghoul came out and handed both Tom and Erin an envelope and when Tom opened it, he said something like This is shocking(maybe someone else remembers exactly what he said), so they didn't even know it would a double until the last minute....  

Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

I have a question for those of you who know the show. Was it announced before the that it would be a double elimination? Everyone looked so shocked. Or was it because the two ladies eliminated had exactly the same lowest score and that is why they both went and no one knew that was going to happen? Anyone know.

@wonderfulworld  It wasn't announced until the end.  The reason there was a double elimination is because one week there was a big national news announcement that caused the show to start ten minutes late.  It ended on time, so they had to skip the elimination.  I don't remember what the news event was.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I think it was the Las Vegas shooting coverage

Honored Contributor

Both Vanessa and Maks seem to suffer from superiority complexes.  Maks was always mumbling something under his breath or rolling his eyes.  What a jerk. (sorry, I know some here love him)

Respected Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

Both Vanessa and Maks seem to suffer from superiority complexes.  Maks was always mumbling something under his breath or rolling his eyes.  What a jerk. (sorry, I know some here love him)

I used to like him, but not anymore.   I think he’s a brat and makes everything all about him.  

Despite what hat he thinks, he is not the reason for the success of the show 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

So when there is a double elimination, the ones that leave are the lowest scorer and the next to lowest scorer, seems a bit unfair.

Esteemed Contributor

I wish the producers would leave some minutes at the end so the departing couple (s) can have enough time to say a few words. Tom is always telling them to hurry up and come stand by him.

I hope Lindsay wins.  Jordan is excellent, but he is a Broadway performer and has a little advantage.  When the show started the premise was stars with no dance experience.

Esteemed Contributor

@twinsister I agree that there is never enough time to talk to whomever is leaving. Too rushed. 

Too much time is wasted with Erin and her sillyness. She is not needed. Many times they give the scores right in front of the judges.

All the celebritites should come on with very little or no experience. The show is not good with sticking to any rule that that. Then they wouldn't have the exceptional dancers on like Jordan. I like him. I didn't even know him before he was on this show.

Esteemed Contributor

@threecees - I had never heard of Jordan either before the show.

Trusted Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

I wish the producers would leave some minutes at the end so the departing couple (s) can have enough time to say a few words. Tom is always telling them to hurry up and come stand by him.

I hope Lindsay wins.  Jordan is excellent, but he is a Broadway performer and has a little advantage.  When the show started the premise was stars with no dance experience.

I SO agree with the way they rush at the end. They waste so much time with the judges talking and then cut them off at the end of the show.  And also when a couple finishes a dance sometimes they need a moment because it might have been emotional. But Tom is over there hurrying them along to get over in front of the judges. That is a big gripe of mine.