Honored Contributor

DVD of TransSiberian Orchestra on

This is like the frosting on the cake for me this time of year.  Ossie Davis is in it.  It tells a story and I just love all the music in it.  

What music do you always want to hear this time of year?

Respected Contributor

Re: DVD of TransSiberian Orchestra on

Mannheim Steamroller ( A Candle Light Christmas) 🎄

Respected Contributor

I like pleasant holiday instrumentals.  I find the novelty Christmas songs a little tiresome. Some are ok as instrumentals...just now listening to a jazz version of Jingle Bells which is sweet!  TransSiberian Orchestra is good too.  

No more Carpenters, Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal  We've seen TransSiberian in concert several times. They always give a great Christmas concert. 
I'd like to see Mannheim also.

I don't want to be in crowds as much since the pandemic started. My hearing is worse now also so I can't make out the songs. 
   I could hear Nat King Cole sing the Christmas song on the radio. There isn't loud music on it and he sings without shouting. 
     📻 💿🎤🎻🎸?🦻

Esteemed Contributor

Love ita all, traditional & pop Christmas music , instrumental/ orchestral  classic , and jazz versions of Christmas music .

Andre Rieu Christmas  concerts

Respected Contributor

Sometimes an instrumental, orchestral or jazz verson of an overworked Christmas song can give it new life.  

Honored Contributor

My all-time favorite Christmas album is "And Winter Came" by Enya.  When I got the urge to hear it this month, I couldn't find it and quickly ordered another CD.  I simply love the song, One Toy Soldier.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kBa3eMcA2ecM

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Sometimes an instrumental, orchestral or jazz verson of an overworked Christmas song can give it new life.  

@qualitygal    Or death.  I hate jazzed up, rock versions of traditional songs.  Call me a purist.

Frequent Contributor

If you're a purist you might want to take a listen to Reba's new CD this year "Ultimate Christmas".  I streamed this the another night and it was so beautiful.  Just her clear pure voice with mostly piano and some guitar.  Traditional carols.

It's Always Your Favorite Sins...that do you in
Kenny Chesney/Grace Potter
Honored Contributor

@raleighroo    Thanks, I just ordered it.