Honored Contributor

DUBLIN MURDERS premiers on STARZ tonight

Starts at 8, but repeats at different times. New crime thriller series. Looks great. 

Respected Contributor

Re: DUBLIN MURDERS premiers on STARZ tonight

@Mindy D thanks for the reminder!  setting DVR so i can give it a try.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D I've never watched this series, but saw previews and decided to DVR.  Then I find out STARZ will be dropped by our cable provider, Xfinity.  Hope this season ends before that happens

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

@Mindy D I've never watched this series, but saw previews and decided to DVR.  Then I find out STARZ will be dropped by our cable provider, Xfinity.  Hope this season ends before that happens

Tonight was episode 1. 

Respected Contributor

I had high hopes for this series since I am a big fan of Tana French. However I read that it combines two of her books - Into the Woods and The Likeness - both of which have intricate stories. I don't see how they can do it justice in a short series but I guess we'll see.

Esteemed Contributor

I loved the books.  The series is pretty good.  The accents are heavy though.  I have watched almost all of Season 1 (streaming).  LM

Honored Contributor

We would have to pay for this also.  Since our bill is already 113.00 a month I'm not adding anything new.  

Esteemed Contributor

Have only seen episode 1 & 2 on Starz.  As another pointed out, the accents are thick so have taped episodes to makesure that I understand the dialogue. Thanks to the other poster who indicated the seriers  combines two books of two stories.   So far interesting and am trying to  keep in mind how each character had prior dealings with the other. The family of the dead girl has it's   story   to unfold, the teen girl smoking the cigarettes who ends up being the one who cleans the ballet studio & did makeup  for the dead girl .  Who is the man walking around with the can of blue paint .  Also  both Detectives have their own  stories.

Honored Contributor

I just watched the first episode, had read the Woods but not the Likeness, and found it disappointing. Trying to cram two books into eight episodes seems a poor decision. Too much like Cliff Notes, too much jumping about. Rob, the detective was miss cast, looks, at best, middle aged and unattractive.

I'm going to watch episode two, maybe it will improve.