Valued Contributor

Re: DR. PHIL TODAY - 11/2/18

I know a twenty-something who is in an abusive relationship (not to the extreme of the couple on the show) - mostly verbal and emotional abuse, and one physical abuse incident recently. She says she is done with him but continues to go back time and again. I'm frustrated since I've tried to council and encourage her to break up with him for good. 

Honored Contributor

What was sad was she had a mother who cared about her and went to bat for her by calling the cops on him. Then, she wouldn't press charges and wouldn't talk to her mother for 2 yrs. !

She had such low self esteem she needed help as bad as he did.

Soon as he started talking and cussing I just knew he had been raised rough and was beaten all the time and he was raging all the time because nobody came to help him and he's never gotten over  his bad childhood .

Your first response is to say throw his *** in the slammer he'll get justice in there inside of half hr. People do stuff for a reason it's been done to them and they can't handle it alone, so, they find somebody who will let them take out their frustratons and hurt on them.

Hopefully, he'll get help and she will move on. His 10 yr old son will turn out to be another abuser if they don't stop cycle of violence.

Valued Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

What was sad was she had a mother who cared about her and went to bat for her by calling the cops on him. Then, she wouldn't press charges and wouldn't talk to her mother for 2 yrs. !

She had such low self esteem she needed help as bad as he did.

Soon as he started talking and cussing I just knew he had been raised rough and was beaten all the time and he was raging all the time because nobody came to help him and he's never gotten over  his bad childhood .

Your first response is to say throw his *** in the slammer he'll get justice in there inside of half hr. People do stuff for a reason it's been done to them and they can't handle it alone, so, they find somebody who will let them take out their frustratons and hurt on them.

Hopefully, he'll get help and she will move on. His 10 yr old son will turn out to be another abuser if they don't stop cycle of violence.

I really wanted him punished for the violence he inflicted on that woman, but I get what you're saying. I wonder if he can ever change?

Esteemed Contributor

@staciesmom Who would ever take a chance on waiting for him to change? She may end up dead trying.

Honored Contributor

I didn't get the point of this whole show.  They didn't even talk to anyone.  He was just preaching it was wrong and off to the same places he always sends people to "fix" it.  

I'm actually still trying to get through the show about the women who think they've been pregnant for the past 3-7 years.  Yes, years.  

Valued Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@staciesmom Who would ever take a chance on waiting for him to change? She may end up dead trying.

I kept thinking that the whole show. What did that woman think would happen? Both are twisted individuals and I was hoping Dr Phil would put him in his place. Didn't happen though. I felt sorry for the Mom - when he snapped at her not to call him a psycho I would have screamed back : "you're worse than a psycho". Also, NO WAY would I stop battling against that POS.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I didn't get the point of this whole show.  They didn't even talk to anyone.  He was just preaching it was wrong and off to the same places he always sends people to "fix" it.  

I'm actually still trying to get through the show about the women who think they've been pregnant for the past 3-7 years.  Yes, years.  

Those poor women I don't have a clue what their problem was.

If that red headed gal had said "doppler" one more time I was gonna scream. Whole show reminded me of Queen Mary known as 'Bloody Mary' back in the old days. She wanted to be pregnant so bad she willed it in her mind. She had all the outward signs, but, turned out to be cancer. Either ovarian or uterine depending on the book you read. After 10 months went by she had to admit something was wrong, then, few months later she thought she was again that's when they figured out it was a tumor.

They were middle aged and had kids why they wanted to think they could be again is anybody's guess. Be last thing I'd want. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I stopped watching Dr. Phil a few years ago; once it started turning into Jerry Springer! Too dramatic!