Valued Contributor

Re: DR.OZ KNOCKED OFF BY MY CABLE PROVIDER

Kelly PIckler...blech.  I don't blame you for being mad.

Honored Contributor

@rezskiwrote:

It may be the local station and notthe cable provider that knockedthe show off.  In the PNW KOMO put The Doctors on in the middle of the night.It has been on at 1 am for a few years.I  guessthey figure you will record it if you want to see it.Sometimes you can get the show off the internet somewhere.

@rezski

i am pretty sure you are correct. it has nothing to do with the cable company, but everything to do with your local stations and what they choose to purchase. pickler and ben is a syndicated show. i have only seen it on the CMT channel.

Scripps hopes to expand on all of that in season two, announced as a go at NATPE in Miami last month, with Disney-ABC Television shopping the show to stations.

“We’re adding markets as we speak,” Lawlor said. “Since NATPE, we’ve signed more than a dozen new stations and we’re getting calls every day.”

Some of those stations will start running the strip at midseason, while others will wait to launch until the fall, Lawlor said.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/distribution/scripps-looks-spread-love-pickler-ben/171716

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Shanus

Are you saying they dropped the entire channel that carried Dr Oz .....  and thus every show on that channel?   Or did the channel/network  drop Dr Oz?   

I'm not sure the cable company can pick and choose what shows any network carries.  

Honored Contributor

Cable companies do not choose individual shows that air on stations. Most likely Dr Oz is syndicated and the local station dropped the show from their programming. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

You might check another station in your area, too.  I know Dr. Oz used to be on my local CBS affiliate & now, it's shown on the local NBC affiliate.  Since it's a syndicated show, it might show up on any local network or indy affiliate that chooses to pay for it.

Honored Contributor

I agree the local affiliate station probably dropped his show not your cable provider. I don’t think the cable provider has the ability to pick and choose shows on a channel.
Respected Contributor

@lulu1wrote:

@Dusty1wrote:

I don't watch Pickler & Ben daily, but I don't mind when I run into it.

Ben Aaron is fairly amusing. He is married to Ginger Zee from GMA.

I didn't know Kellie Pickler had a talk show. (her accent would irritate me to no end)

Ben Aaron used to be an off-beat segment reporter for a local NYC talk show.  Goofy is a word I'd use to describe him.  I remember when he talked about his engagement, wedding, baby and then he was gone.  The next time I saw him he was cheering his wife on, on DWTS.

@lulu1  Maybe your accent would irritate her to no end-just sayin’.  

Honored Contributor

I really didn't know anyone still watched Dr.Oz anymore. Woman Surprised

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Probably a ratings thing...

Honored Contributor

Dr. Oz ratings are just fine.

It's not his ratings.  They chose to move things around. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"