Honored Contributor

Re: DR.OZ KNOCKED OFF BY MY CABLE PROVIDER

@LoriLoriwrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@Tinkrbl44wrote:

@jaxs momwrote:

Cable companies do not choose individual shows that air on stations. Most likely Dr Oz is syndicated and the local station dropped the show from their programming. 

@jaxs mom     @Shanus

That is correct.  The OP used her un-ladylike words to yell at the wrong customer service person ...  at the wrong company!   

She should have been talking to the network, not the cable provider.

IMO, if you're going to complain about anything, make sure you have the right company.  

@Tinkrbl44  It’s always such a pleasure to read a reply from you.

@Tinkrbl44 @Shanus:

Tinkrbl44, I agree is it a pleasure to read a reply from you but you're wrong here.  She needs to talk to her local station. 

Syndicated programming is chosen by the local station.  There are a few local stations like mine owned by the networks, who can exert pressure, but the decision is up to the local station management.

@LoriLori  @Shanus

Um, okay.   Nevertheless, the cable provider really can't do anything about it.   

I was looking at this OP and feeling sorry for the Customer Service people at the cable provider ..... having to be nice to a livid person who shouldn't have even called them in the first place!   

If you've ever worked in customer service you would know how stressful it is to have to deal with people like that.  JMO

Trusted Contributor

Re: DR.OZ KNOCKED OFF BY MY CABLE PROVIDER

@Shanuswrote:

Nerve or what? My favorite show was replaced by a talk show called “Pickler and Ben”....Kelly Pickler (singer) & have no clue about the guy. 

Yes, I called and gave them my thoughts...not in ladylike words. I’m just dumbfounded by the choice in programming.

We have only one cable provider so it’s Spectrum or Direct TV. If you ask me, that’s a monopoly and against the law.

Just so miffed.

Its not your cable provider that dropped him, it’s the channel....and it’s because of ratings. Cable companies drop channels, not shows.