Honored Contributor

Re: DOWN SYNDROME ENTREPRENEURS ON FOX AND FRIENDS

[ Edited ]

When we first moved into our neighborhood, the neighbors at the far end of our cul de sac had a down syndrome son, and he was the sweetest and most courteous child.

"Matthew" would never fail to stop by our home and chat with us as he took a walk around the neighborhood.  We enjoyed the interchange.  At the age of 20, his parents had to place him in a home where those with more strength and experience could give him a good life.  We missed Matthew after he left.

My first cousin has a Down syndrome child who is now grown.  Her mother (from whom my cousin had been divorced) was her primary caregiver and recently died.  My cousin stepped up to the plate and has taken over after the mother's death.  They live at a great distance from me, and so I know all this news from afar.  I admire all who love their children, no matter what handicaps they have.  

Regular Contributor

I personally know the family of the cookie entrepreneur, Collette. They are an incredible  family and know no obstacles.

Valued Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I missed Reggie, who has Down's Syndrome, in Episode 1, Season 10, of Call the Midwife, but I think he's still in the series.  Hope to see him in future episodes.

--

Reggie is still in the series. The actor's name is Daniel Laurie, and he is the son of actors. 

His father is the late Leslie Grantham, who was/is quite famous in the UK; his mother is Jane Laurie, also well-known.

Fans of Call the Midwife might remember an early episode of the series that dealt with the pregnancy of a young lady with Down Syndrome. The baby's father has cerebral palsy, and the two young adults live in the same residential home. It was a very touching episode.

Trusted Contributor

I didn’t happen to see this but I’ve seen the young man, who is the sock entrepreneur, on a few times with his dad. They’d shown pictures of George  H. W. Bush wearing his socks, since he loved fun socks. It really is heartwarming. 

And look at little Valentina! Oh my goodness, such a sweetie!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Having had a Down Syndrome granddaughter, I can say from experience they are the sweetest children in the world.  Unfortunately, we lost her before her 1st birthday due to a heart problem.but I thank God for giving us the experience of knowing what  special gifts they are..    Dale Evans once wrote a book about her Downs daughter titled "Angel Unaware".  While I don't believe they are actual angels, I do think they are the closest to them.