Respected Contributor

I enjoyed many of her movies and she was a beautiful lady. RIP ❤️

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

OMG!! This really saddens me. She was such a classy , talented & gentle soul.What a lady!!

RIP Doris. You will be missed!!💐

I feel the same way nicksmom.  It truly saddened me to hear this.  I heard she died from complications from pneumonia.  I went to youtube to hear her sing Que sera sera.  She had a lovely voice and was a terrific actress.  I would think about how happy she was being an advocate for animals and living a nice life in Carmel Ca.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thoughts of prayers and comfort for her family!!  I am so sad to hear of her passing.  Growing up, she was one of my favorite actors and singers.  I loved her voice...so unique.  So many of her movies are those that I can watch over and over.

Honored Contributor

There was no finer sophisticated comedy than Pillow Talk, her clothes in that movie were spectacular!! Doris and Rock adored each other. 

Valued Contributor

One of my top 2 favorite actresses of all time and actually probably my favorite. Her innate goodness came through on the screen. And so talented! She was a good actress in comedy and drama and could sing and dance.

TCM should be showing her movies in her honor in the near future - I wish they would let Eddie Mueller introduce her movies. He has said he was a huge Doris Day fan.

Honored Contributor

A legend of the movie and entertainment world, an actress with a beautiful voice, a dignified, gracious, caring human being and a woman who was an animal advocate throughout her life, may you be at peace with God and know how much you contributed to this world.  You will be missed.

Honored Contributor

Doris Day

Godspeed.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Re: DORIS DAY DIED

[ Edited ]

She was an original -  lovely, vivacious, kind and talented.

My favorite Doris Day song, It's Magic, from the film Romance on the High Seas. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRp1LZOk05o

Honored Contributor

@cimeranrose's mention of "film noir czar"  Eddie Muller's affection for Doris made me think of the movies where she ventured into suspense.

I love her in the upbeat musicals, and comedies, but also in the darker films she made.  "Midnight Lace" is the most famous, and it's a deliciously campy thriller.

But there's also "Julie",  where she's a retired California stewardesss married to a sociopathic concert pianist (Louis Jourdan). 

She was terrific as Jimmy Stewart's distraught wife and the mother of an internationally kidnapped son in "The Man Who Knew Too Much".

In "Storm Warning", a taut little anti-Ku Klux Klan film noir,  she was paired with a sympathetic older sister (Ginger Rogers, in a wonderfully atypical role for her as well) as the two confront a town's ugly secrets.

Doris Day had a multifaceted career, consistent with her many talents as a performer.  (If anybody can remember any more of the suspense films she did, I wish you'd remind me-- keep thinking there's one I've missed...)

Respected Contributor

@Oznell  thanks for mentioning Storm Warning . I do not think I have ever heard of it (and I am old) . I think I will see if it is on any roku channels.

Anyone with Alexa ask to play Doris Day music. There is a lot. It started with Que Serra (sp?) of course. My favorites are from 'Calamity Jane ' -- Take me back to the Black Hills --beautiful !