Esteemed Contributor

DIY network will be Magnolia Network

I think the shows really don't change  Just the name of the network

I like this type of shows    so I don't care what they call the network

Super Contributor

Re: DIY network will be Magnolia Network

I haven't watched DIY network for years, so I'm happy its changing to Magnolia Network. If you do an online search for 'Magnolia Network shows' you can see a listing of shows. I know they'll have the new version of Fixer Upper and the Magnolia Table cooking show. They have an urban gardening show listed and I'm hoping they'll add more gardening show at some point. I miss the old shows like Rebecca's Garden and Gardening By The Yard.

Trusted Contributor

@Mary Bailey

I'm so confused.

Is this the new network Chip and Jo Gaines are starting? I love her cooking shows, but I thought she was moving to Discovery Plus, for which I have to pay additional money on my cable bill...and I was balking at that.
If DIY is to be the Magnolia Network, I'm thrilled as that channel is already part of our cable lineup and won't cost anything more.
She is so natural and appealing and I love their products at Target.
Thanks in advance for clearing this up!
Super Contributor

Its my understanding that Magnolia Network was part of Discovery+ in 2021. Starting Jan 5, 2022 ... Magnolia Network will replace DIY Network ... so, if your cable/satellite currently has DIY - it will be Magnolia Network starting Jan 5th. My Dish guide is already showing the Magnolia Network shows starting 5 Jan. I don't know if MN will stay on Discovery+ in 2022.

Valued Contributor

Sure hope it's now the Gaines couple all the time..not interested.

Stopped watching Food Network..every time I turn it on..it's become the "Guy" network!

Can't stand him.

JMO

Respected Contributor

The Gaines are definitely overexposed.

Trusted Contributor

@Wahoogaz
Thank you for the information! I tuned into the DIY Network tonight and sure enough, there are all the new Magnolia shows listed, including The Lost Kitchen and the newest season of Fixer Upper, now called Welcome Home.
Very good news...and I thank you for explaining it. I love gardening shows too, and it looks like they will eventually have at least one new one in 2022.
Enjoy!
Valued Contributor

@froggy wrote:

I blame them for the reign of farmhouse terror brought upon this country.  

Honored Contributor

I tried to find out info about this. Of course, the person I talked knew nothing. When I Googles it I found out it was a Streaming thing which is too slow for us way out here.

Respected Contributor

@Linda0215 wrote:

@froggy wrote:

I blame them for the reign of farmhouse terror brought upon this country.  

@Linda0215    I couldn't agree more. But that decor is pretty much over now. Thank God! But I am really disappointed that the TSV Northern Nights down blanket last Friday was an homage to the checked farm house decor.  Can we just not have a solid white down blanket?